Replies

• idrthrbupnrth
    idrthrbupnrth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome!
  • Lotusstarr
    Lotusstarr Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look great! I too hope I can look as good as you at your age! What an inspiration!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Dang, you look absolutely amazing! Now where's that other thread on body envy ...........

It's amazing how we humans have to battle the problem of envy... I still battle it. Human nature. I have to constantly remind myself that the next person does not matter (as far as comparing my body, etc). All that matters is being the best me possible and learning to accept the gifts I was born with and working best I can with my faults.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    You look wonderful! I'll be 52 in five more weeks - it's nice to know there's someone here my age that I can aspire to emulate. Thank you! :heart:

Happy Birthday!
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    wuhu you look great. but it's absolutely evil not to tell us where those beautiful islands are

LOL that was evil wasn't it? I didn't think about that. Here is where we were --> http://www.islandwindjammers.com/caribbean-cruise-destinations.aspx#windward I highly recommend the experience.

Oh yeah a funny story about that cruise. They kept our luggage in San Juan so we boarded the small sailboat with nothing but the clothes on our backs. The captain and crew took pity on us. The Captain who was living nearby called his wife and they put together a package of clothes for us to borrow while on the ship. The crew gave us shampoo, razors, etc. until we could get to the store. Oh yeah and it was a Christmas holiday so shops were closed for a few days so we just had to get by. It was a very humbling experience to have to rely on others. In some ways it made the trip special. You can't get upset, you have to just go with it. Life is too short. I don't know if we will ever have a chance to get back there again and because we didn't let it get us down we have precious memories of that trip.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    great legs and arms!!!

the picture of you standing in front of the snow in shorts is hilarious to me :laugh:

In CA if the sun is out it is usually warm, even if snow on the ground. Especially during the spring when that picture was taken. We were just hiking on top of the hard snow, but the trail was mostly dirt. It was probably 75 degrees F that day. Warm enough for shorts but we had warm clothes in our packs for an emergency.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    You look so awesome and cute!!! :) I swear you look like you are in your 30s. Love the black turtle neck pic and I absolutely need to know where you got the dress in the top pic. :)

The dress was from Athletica. It's a swimsuit coverup made of swimsuit like material, quite comfy. :)
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    No matter how you slice it, you are GORGEOUS!!!! You are an inspiration to all of us! Beautiful pics!!
  • wfrazjr
    wfrazjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Caligirl,

Way to go. Keep up the great work you have been doing and continue being an inspiration and motivation.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    Amazing..I LOVE your legs!!! I've been lifting for years now and still trying to get my diet under control. I love the way new rules of lifting for women has changed my body - I have great shoulders now :smile: but I gotta ask, how did you get your diet under control? I think there is TOO much information on this site to know what actually works and what doesn't. I have set my daily calorie intake to 1,360 calores a day (I'm 5'4") and count my exercise calories using my polar heart rate monitor. BUT I find I'm super hungry all the the time! I eat very healthy balanced meals so I shouldn't be hungry (lots of protein, healthy fats, veggies!). My snacks are also balanced with carbs/protein so they keep me going. You did what I've been trying to do..any advice? Or even a sample day of what you ate would be super beneficial!! I am SO impressed with your transformation!!! Thanks!!!
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    Amazing..I LOVE your legs!!! I've been lifting for years now and still trying to get my diet under control. I love the way new rules of lifting for women has changed my body - I have great shoulders now :smile: but I gotta ask, how did you get your diet under control? I think there is TOO much information on this site to know what actually works and what doesn't. I have set my daily calorie intake to 1,360 calores a day (I'm 5'4") and count my exercise calories using my polar heart rate monitor. BUT I find I'm super hungry all the the time! I eat very healthy balanced meals so I shouldn't be hungry (lots of protein, healthy fats, veggies!). My snacks are also balanced with carbs/protein so they keep me going. You did what I've been trying to do..any advice? Or even a sample day of what you ate would be super beneficial!! I am SO impressed with your transformation!!! Thanks!!!

I talk about it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout

and here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/741021-a-calorie-budget-is-like-a-financial-budget
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Look at you just being awesome! Love the pics! Thanks for sharing!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I think I would like to be you when I grow up.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    I ABSOLUTELY FIND YOR BEFORE AND AFTR pics to be breathtaking.....but I LOVE THESE EVEN MORE..YOU BEING YOU:)
    You definitely inspire me even more now..I am 66 nd if it takes me 2 yrs to do 1/3 of what you have done I wil do it. I still want to look in my casket:
    Thank you so much for sharing your life:)
    You are an inspiration to use old ladies....hehehee
  • SP2Bfit
    SP2Bfit Posts: 114
    Options
    You look amazing in both posed photos and candid shots. Quite inspiring!
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You are fit and fabulous! Thanks for sharing!
  • Thundermtn
    Options
    Wow.. You are a hottie..
    thanks for the post.

;)
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I hope I look that good when I'm your age!!! :D
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options