What exactly is a Sweat Potato???

Options

Replies

• opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Actually, what most people call "sweet potatoes" are really "yams" (the yummy orange ones). "Sweet potatoes" are really the yellow one, and I don't find them as good as the yam. They're great for endurance athletes, and taste delish with butter and cinnamon.

PB050263copy.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is a UK/US difference. Brits say the opposite - that Americans are mislabelling sweet potatoes as yams, and the yellow ones are yams and the orange ones sweet potatoes. According to Wikipedia: 'Although the soft, orange sweet potato is often mislabeled a "yam" in parts of North America, the sweet potato is botanically very distinct from a genuine yam, which is native to Africa and Asia and belongs to the monocot family Dioscoreaceae. To prevent confusion, the United States Department of Agriculture requires sweet potatoes labeled as "yams" to be labeled also as "sweet potatoes".'

Although I imagine both Brits and Americans are sometimes guilty of mislabelling the sweet potato as a sweat potato! :-)
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Anybody tried the beagle chips yet? :wink:
    Oops, edited to say beagle thins.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

No. As adorable as beagles are, I don't want to eat their chips.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    The sweat potatoes are in the store rite next two the candied yams, there really good. Ewe should try sum.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The sweat potatoes are in the store rite next two the candied yams, there really good. Ewe should try sum.

^^^^^ funny stuff!!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Those are people who sit on the couch, but still burn a lot of calories....most people hate them.
    But it's only because they're jealous.
    Most of us have to work to burn off our calories!
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    its a different type of potatoe...
  • icandoanything2
    icandoanything2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    haha
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options

LMBO...HAHAAHA
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can find good deals on eBay stuff by searching for slightly misspelled items. My all-time favorite was an auction for "cacky pants". I had to read it out loud before I realized what they meant. :bigsmile:
    Hilarious! I had to read that outloud, too!

Also, I am afraid to post now, lest I make a spelling error!
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I bet you know what a Big Mac is, and a Whooper but not a Sweet potato? J/k well not really J/k
    jk haha
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options

No. As adorable as beagles are, I don't want to eat their chips.

Oh man...I just snorted with laughter over this! I'm very glad I wasn't drinking something!! :laugh:
  • Sarahsbattle
    Sarahsbattle Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, Zerowolf, too bad you don't know what satire is!
  • caseyjade88
    caseyjade88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sweet onions are a type of onion...that's the only type of onion I usually buy. A sweet potato is a potato, but has a sweeter flavor and it's an orange-ish color. As far as sweet peas, I'm not sure...never had them. But I've had sugar peas / snow peas (when you put sugar on your peas).
  • MissMay87
    Options
    loldaddy.com-1325570246.jpg

:laugh:
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yes, and unthawed frozen fruit. Un: meaning not, Thawed: essentially meaning melted (or de-iced). Thusly unthawed Means frozen!
    So we end up with Frozen Frozen Fruit.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I used to be a couch potato but I'm pretty sure I've been reclassified as a sweat potato. I have to say I'm alarmed that people are preying on my kind - practically cannibalism. And to log it! Those people should be ashamed of themselves.

Love it! I do try to avoid eating sweat potatoes, since I am one myself, apparently. But when no one is looking...
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sweat potatoes come presalted :)
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I bet you know what a Big Mac is, and a Whooper but not a Sweet potato? J/k well not really J/k
    jk haha

A Whooper? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Funny part is: you were being a *DONKEY* in your response to her, and then you did the very thing that the OP was talking about... rofl
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    jk haha

you my friend get the genius award. Oh yeah and the jack @ss award... jk no really jk, or am I? JK yeah that makes a rude comment lots better.