Magic Bullet Recipes

Options
jess1992uga
jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
So I am in a dorm room and have decided to invest in a store brand of the magic bullet (15 dollars instead of 50....heck yes!). I am definitely going to be using it for banana soft serve, but does anyone else have healthy recipes for it?

Replies

• jess1992uga
    Options
    Nobody?
  • redchilipeppa
    redchilipeppa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've found some great recipes on this site: http://www.food.com/cookbook/magic-bullet-recipes-272788. You just have to look through them to find the healthy ones or subsitute certain ingredients to meet your needs.

I've come up with a ton of different smoothies to make with it. Salsa comes out great too! Have fun with it :)
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I make lots of wonderful concoctions in my blender, but it's not a magic bullet, sorry. I hope you find some good magic bullet specific ones.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I bought my magic bullet... never used it. However, being in a dorm room, if you eat meat..You should DEFINITELY invest in a george forman! That thing got me through dorm days! i looooveeee it! D
  • imgonnadanceagain
    Options
    there is a website with plenty of uses called theworldaccordingtoeggface.com
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    So I am in a dorm room and have decided to invest in a store brand of the magic bullet (15 dollars instead of 50....heck yes!). I am definitely going to be using it for banana soft serve, but does anyone else have healthy recipes for it?

I love my bullet.

I make smoothies often. I use it to make hummus. I have used it to make quick salsa's. I use it to make oat bran breadcrumb mixes. You can use it to make pesto's, tapinades, greek yogurt dips....hmmmm....Banana ice cream. Also good for making icy blended drinks. You can puree your soups in there - def let it cool first! All I can think of for now, but will add more ideas if I can think of them.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • jess1992uga
    Options
    Anybody know if I can do anything with beans in one of these? I love me some beans and was just thinking about it.
    And what do you do for banana ice cream?
  • michspor
    Options
    I have a magic bullet. Go to their website and see the different ideas... i hardly use mine now because it makes me angry when it doesn't want to grind things right.... but I will definitely look at this later as ideas come in
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Anything you'd put in a blender, you can do in a magic bullet. It's basically just a mini-blender.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    The banana ice cream you just freeze up some peeled banana's, break them up, put them in and let it go for about 5 minutes. You will need to open it often to move it around. The other thing i do find is that you may want to add a little liquid to help it along - so almond milk, reg milk, water, whatever help to thin it a bit. I have also heard people say they will puree the banana with other frozen berries. Or they melt peanut butter to drizzle on top after. Or add vanilla and cinamon. It makes like a faux ice cream. Yum

As for beans - you could do the hummus (chickpeas) or even make a pureed bean dip. Toss in the beans you like (easiest to use canned, then rinse, and toss in), some spices, garlic and onion, little liquid, maybe some oil if you want to add some smooth/creamy to the texture. Use it to dip veggies, crackers, etc.