Body Revolution- Jillian Michaels... Anyone doing it?

Options
I started 3 days ago. It would be AWESOME to meet someone else either doing it or have completed it. Anyone who has completed it, what are your results? I am seriously curious. :)

Replies

• karenkoen
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow - Phase 1 Workout 1 - Started in the spring but broke a rib and just now getting back. Ready for her to kick my *kitten* lol
  • wicklc
    wicklc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am pregnant in my third trimester and plan on starting it after baby is born- however I did find a group on here based on Body Revolution, you should check it out! Lot's of good feed back and success stories!
  • i havent heard of that jm workout im starting the 30DS in october thou. im going to keep my eye out for her body revoloution one all her workouts kick my butt
  • vanessamcinnis
    vanessamcinnis Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing body revolution, but I started 30 day shred September 1st. I started Level 2 today. I wanted to try her workout for a month to see if I really get results. I will keep you posted :p I sure do sweat and need to take breaks :p (not long breaks though)
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up phase 2 this week. TI should be finished the program, but life got in the way but took some breaks. There is a group here on MFP and a lot of women have had great results. I think this is her best workout program to date. It makes 30DS look like a walk in the park. She really pushes you in this one. Since there are 15 DVDs you never get bored and it never gets easy.
  • vanessamcinnis
    Options
    i havent heard of that jm workout im starting the 30DS in october thou. im going to keep my eye out for her body revoloution one all her workouts kick my butt

Did you see any results with to 30DS? I just started September 1st...Seeing if I get results at the end of the month
  • Lilsparrow23
    Options
    I am anxious to get results soon. So I am thinking of combining Body Revolution with 30 Day Shred... Do you think that is too much? I don't, considering people who will go on jobs for hours and what not lol
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of it till you mentioned it. I have just watched the video commercial for it....I MUST HAVE IT!!! Although, me and my hubby are doing the 30 day shred and he has looks at me like he is about to die and says, we don't need that one any time soon :laugh: I reckon I will have to wait until we finish 30DS. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • JennMursch
    JennMursch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As soon as it arrives, I will be doing it.
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Did you see any results with to 30DS? I just started September 1st...Seeing if I get results at the end of the month

Me and my hubby are on level 2 day 3. I have seen a huge difference in the mirror. I can see muscle cuts in the my hubby's arms. It is tough...but it is so worth it!!
  • HeatherLaShae4
    HeatherLaShae4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    lol i asked my mom for body revolution for christmas!! so im gonna start it jan. 1st 2013!! if we make it to then! lol
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I am anxious to get results soon. So I am thinking of combining Body Revolution with 30 Day Shred... Do you think that is too much? I don't, considering people who will go on jobs for hours and what not lol

It doesn't make sense to combine them because 30DS is easier than Body Revolution. I often add additional cardio workouts, like running or spinning a few times a week. Also, since I only have 5lb DB at home, I do Body Revolution at the gym, so I can use heavier weights to make it more intense. Instead of 3, 5, 8, I use 8, 10, 12. When I finish I am considering trading out Jillian's cardio workouts for Insanity. Have you thought about doing the kickstart week, I lost 6lbs that week. I only weigh monthly, and I have taken a few weeks off, but overall I would say it is worth it.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    My friend did it, she did an entire write up of it for each phase on my blog and her overall thoughts.
  • vanessamcinnis
    Options

Me and my hubby are on level 2 day 3. I have seen a huge difference in the mirror. I can see muscle cuts in the my hubby's arms. It is tough...but it is so worth it!!

Thanks for the feedback! Level 2 is def a change from Level one. Are you going any other exercises besides 30DS? I'm going to *kitten* you as a friend so we can keep each other updated on the progress :)
  • nikki_1123
    Options
    I will be finishing the last phase this week. I've done her ripped in 30 and some of her 30 day shred and I would definitely have to say that body revolution kicked my *kitten*. There wasn't one week where I wasn't sore and her cardio workouts are pretty intense too. I lost about 20 pounds and unfortunately I didn't take my measurements before hand or pictures but I did go down from a tight 12 size pant to a loose 10. Also people have commented on how I look more toned and smaller. I can also notice more muscle in my arms ( specifically my triceps) and in my legs.

To be honest I'm kind of sad it's almost over, but I feel like I achieved something great. Even though there isn't a huge change in my weight or measurements I feel like I pushed through and made myself strong in that respect aswell.

If I could rewind time and do it all over again I would definitely take before pics and measurements and I would try and do better with my diet. I tried to stay between 1200-1400 but screwed up bad a couple times.

good luck to anyone starting it :)
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up my last week for the second time through the program. Honestly I haven't seen a major loss in pounds but I can notice that my muscles are VERY tone all over. My mistake was to not take my measurements before starting the program but I have noticed that I have lost quite a few inches and I have dropped a couple of sizes. I have most of Jillian Michaels DVDs and I think this program is by far her best one yet. It pushes you way further than any of her other DVDs. The only down side to the program is that you have to keep repeating the same cardio workout for the whole month and that can get pretty boring by the end of the month, but if you keep telling yourself that it is only 30 minutes, you can get through it. Other than that, the program moves along a good pace and for the most part you don't get bored with the other workouts. I did find that when I started the program the second time through it was better to just skip over the first month and start with month 2. I found that month 1 wasn't enough of a challenge for me.
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I've completed it as well as 30DS about 3 times (and most of her other workouts). I enjoyed it, and definitely felt challenged and much stronger, but I didn't get the same results that I got from 30DS. In fact, my weight went up slightly and I didn't lose a single cm. Maybe because I was already at "goal" weight when i started, but I didn't notice any difference in my body after the 3 months. I was a little disappointed. That being said, I was definitely much stronger. After doing so many of her workouts, 30DS is still my favourite and I got amazing results with it (I can honestly attribute it to almost all my weight loss - that and good diet). Ri30 is also excellent. This is a lovely workout programme, which consistently pushes you, but works a lot slower than the others. I think it's the splitting up of the cardio & toning.

Enjoy! You will love it, regardless. And so many people have had amazing results from doing it.
  • BobbieJoDever
    Options
    I'm on week two of phase one and I love this program! I lost 4 pounds the first week
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Go to the 'jillian Michaels body revolution' group and look at the 'started mud September thread'. Please join us