Strength training ideas?!

Options
I just joined MFP this week so I have begun to monitor what I eat. About 2 weeks before I started MFP I began a run/walk program to get me to run run/walk a 10k (in the end you end up running for 7 minutes and taking a 1 minute break and repeating until you hit 6.2 miles, about 10 times). With this program, I have to run 3x/week averaging 45mins-75mins depending on the week. With my schedule right now and trying not to overwhelm myself and make small changes, 3x/wk is about how often I plan on doing formal exercise. I want to also do some strength training but for right now and probably for the next 2 months my focus is mainly on increasing my endurance with running and making healthy food choices and healthy habits. I do not like strength training but I understand its importance in weight loss.

What i'm looking for is a program that takes about 20 mins or less that I will be doing twice a week. I'm basically looking for a beginners weightlifting program and then once I achieve my running goal I will probably get more serious and have more time to lift because I can maintain my endurance with a weekly long run and do a shorter run the other 2 days a week leaving me time for lifting.

Also, bodyweight resistance and a workout I can do at home with little to no equipment is ideal but I'm not opposed to a gym program.

Any ideas?

Replies

• uzygirl
    Options
    Hi,

Check out Zuzana Light on youtube, she's also on facebook. Or bodyrock.tv I like both because they are similar and you dont need much equipment and they are short and great workouts. Goodluck.