Yummy breakfast sandwich

Options
CrystalT
CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
I used to love McDonald's egg mcmuffins and sausage egg mcmuffins. A year ago, I probably would have grabbed 2 sausage egg mcmuffins on my way to work and chowed down in the car. I haven't had one in ages and sometimes I really miss them. Now I usually have something quick but healthy once I get to work, lately it's been oatmeal. This morning I got a nice little surprise of my work closed due to weather. My oatmeal is at work so I had to figure out what to feed myself. I rummaged through the fridge and this is what I came up with.

1 toasted Orowheat Sandwich Thin
1 Laughing Cow light swiss wedge
6 thin slices of deli ham
2 scrambled egg whites

This sandwich is only 219 calories and I'm happily satisfied. Those 2 sausage egg mcmuffins are 900 calories together!!! No wonder I weight 273 lbs!!

Replies

• cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just watch the sodium.....
  • WhatAWaist
    Options
    That's what I like....the challenge of finding great substitutes for our favorite meals. Keep up the good work.
  • mbrownks77
    Options
    Another good one to try.....

1 sara lee english muffin-wheat
    1/4 cup egg beaters
    1 slice sargento reduced fat pepper jack cheese

I love, love, love these things! And, you definitely don't feel deprived when done!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Another good one to try.....

1 sara lee english muffin-wheat
    1/4 cup egg beaters
    1 slice sargento reduced fat pepper jack cheese

I love, love, love these things! And, you definitely don't feel deprived when done!

That sounds delicious!!!! I need good breakfast ideas! I have been doing good eating in the mornings, but I usually just grab toast and peanut butter..... years of not eating breakfast! GEEZ!!! I need a good balance for breakfast... It seems like I can't find that.... If I get the calories in (which I need to do because I'm ALWAYS under) then my other levels are too high (fat, carbs, protein) I'm getting frustrated with trying to find a good balance!
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    Lender's also has a 100 cal mini bagel that is delicious!! With 1/2 slice of ham 1/2 cheese it's only 145 cals!!

1 Lender mini bagel 100 cals
    1/2 Great Value Honey Ham 15 cals
    1/2 Great Value American Cheese Slice 30 cals

I put it in the toaster for just a few minutes to melt the cheese....so filling!!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options

Yes, it probably is a little high in sodium. I wasn't really thinking about that, so thanks for reminding me. Sodium is the hardest thing for me to master. I'm a recovering salt addict. We won't got into what that means. I'm embarrased over the things I used to do. I've made real progress in reducing my sodium. I've stopped using the salt shaker and I'm starting to switch over to using reduced sodium tomato products, broths, and other stuff. Sometimes I don't think about the sodium in my grains, cheese and meats as much as I should. It is a process I'm going through and hopefully someday I can manage to eat within the normal sodium ranges.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Yes, it probably is a little high in sodium. I wasn't really thinking about that, so thanks for reminding me. Sodium is the hardest thing for me to master. I'm a recovering salt addict. We won't got into what that means. I'm embarrased over the things I used to do. I've made real progress in reducing my sodium. I've stopped using the salt shaker and I'm starting to switch over to using reduced sodium tomato products, broths, and other stuff. Sometimes I don't think about the sodium in my grains, cheese and meats as much as I should. It is a process I'm going through and hopefully someday I can manage to eat within the normal sodium ranges.

I never realized how much sodium I was consuming until MFP. It has been my saving grace. I had a huge issue with blood pressure that I have now managed to get under control. I still struggle with it, that is why I mentioned it. Like you, I jump for joy about a 200 calorie breakfast but then I look at the sodium....:grumble: It is a constant struggle.

As a side note, Boars Head makes a really good low sodium ham that I like to use in my breakfast sammies. Give it a try and see what u think. Every little bit helps :happy:
  • dbeckley
    Options
    Hey everyone! I see everyone talking about how MFP lists your sodium requirements. Mine just lists calories, carbs, fats. How can I get it to list everything?
    Thanks!
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Go into your food diary and then to settings and you can add or change the nutrients you want to track.
  • JennSchn
    Options
    I used to love Mc Donalds breakfasts too. I bet you wouldn't like it now though after eating healthy for a while those old yummy foods taste not so yummy. I tried once to exersize extra so I could eat a MD breakfast and I was so excited but all I could taste anymore was grease. The hashbrown was still good LOL but I got a little sick eating it because my body was not used to the garbage.
  • rnkuuipo
    Options
    OMG. I ate this for breakfast this morning. SO yummy!!! Thanks for posting
  • djc9710
    Options
    hey , thanks for the heads up on that recipe...just had one it's great tasting...thanks again...
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    Nothing like a good breakfast sandwich!