new member with silly question!

Options
2»

Replies

• selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    im kindy of too late but yah go ahead and eat a good dinner and you burned off those calories so you have 1300 calories left to spare...you dont have to eat all of them though. maybe half or whatever you decide just not go over 1300 for dinner ...btw not a silly question
  • dhortonb
    dhortonb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Couldn't:smile: have explained it better myself
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    come on you guys!!! if you eat ALL the calories you excerised off you will NOT lose! BUT if you eat what you need to fulfill your need for food. eating good choices of course and the calories you don't eat equals weight loss.

endless stream of these people.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    MFP is designed so you eat your calories back.

So, you can have more than your 60 for dinner.

Personally, I try to keep my exercise under 400 just because I have a hard time eating more than that back and I don't like to have more than 150-200 left over.
  • SonoraflowerKim
    Options
    Every time this subject comes up, I read what others have to say. Now there are some that will eat them back and there are some that won't eat them back. It's up to you and what your body needs. For me, I exercise a great deal and I know I have them to eat if I want to....BUT if I am not hungry, I am not going to eat all the calories it says I can eat. Plus, remember that these apps up here over estimate what you actually burn in calories and sometimes people don't accurately put in what they consume in food. That being said, it really depends on the person. You can read all the feedback up here and then be more confused than you were before you asked the question.

I know it doesn't help you that much :-(

I would also go research your question on the internet and maybe ask a Personal Trainer or a Doctor what their opinion is.
  • mnlght535
    Options
    I try to eat some of my exercise calories back and I eat only when I am hungry. I agree with what other people have said about MFP over-estimating some of the calories burned so maybe eat 1/2 or 2/3 back but not all and eat when you're hungry. At the end of the night, if you have a few hundred calories left and you are truly not hungry, don't eat just to change that number, at least I don't. But stay at or above the minimum recommended which is usually around 1200. Good luck :smile: P.S. Not a stupid question either.