HUGE NSV - Wedding Dress Fits 15 Yrs Later (pics)

Options
Today I fit into my wedding dress. I don't think I can fully describe what an immense victory this was for me to fit into that dress again.

Every few years I would try it on. For many, many years now, I have not been able to fit into it ... meaning have it fully zipped and buttoned (Yes, it has both.). I finally just resigned myself to the fact that after gaining weight and having kids, I just wasn't going to be the same size or shape again. My wedding dress which once fit me wonderfully was a physical barometer of my size because it didn't change. I figured that even if I got back to the weight I was when I got married, my body just wouldn't be the same shape as it once was. Even up to about a month ago, I couldn't zip the dress up all the way, but I could zip it farther than I had been able to for a long time. I think it was around that time I seriously began to wonder if I would someday be able to fit back into my dress.

Last night my hubby was telling me how proud he was of me for all the weight I've lost. He commented on how awesome it was that I am now thinner than when we got married. I replied that I weighed less (I think about 10-15 lbs.), but I wasn't thinner.

Today I thought I'd just try on my wedding dress and see. I guess I was wrong. I weigh less than when I got married, and I am apparently as thin as I was then. I zipped up the dress, had my daughter help me with the buttons, and I cried. I went and showed my hubby, and I cried. I might have cried more today than on my wedding day!

So, anyway, I still don't think I adequately explained how much fitting back into my wedding dress means to me, but here are the pictures of me on my wedding day and today, 15 years and 5 kids later, still married to and head over heels in love with the same wonderful man who has loved me unconditionally through (the physical and emotional) thick and thin.

WeddingDress15yrslater-wordsresize400w.jpg

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    It's beautiful, great job
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing accomplishment and journey. FIVE KIDS and FIFTEEN YEARS later no less!

And to top it all off you look absolutely beautiful stunning gorgeous. I know you're proud of yourself and I can only imagine how proud of you your entire family must be.

FANTASTIC thanks for sharing that!

ps I too try on my wedding dress from 1985 once in a blue moon and if I ever can get back into it think I'll take a pic too! Very exciting!
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Aw, what a beautiful NSV! Thank you for sharing!
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic!! I almost cried too! That is something to be very proud of.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous and congratulations! And if you hadn't said that there was 15 years between those pictures, I would never have guessed it because you've hardly aged at all!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    whooo hoooo huge victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That is so GREAT...such an achievement and you look beautiful
  • flutternfly
    Options
    Congratulations! For being married 15 years! Having 5 children! and Fitting the wedding dress 15 years later! It even looks a little big so big bravo! You are amazing and so blessed! I'm sure it wasn't easy, but you look fantastic.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    thats amazing! great job!
  • kbmiller27
    kbmiller27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is so cool! :) I made it one of my goals to put my dress back on once I reached my wedding day weight. I was so amazed how differently the dress fit. I was at the same exact weight but much more fit so the dress was quite baggy on me!

However, I'm only 4 years and one kid in... :laugh:

Good for you!!!!
  • AngelTwin27
    AngelTwin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow!

You look amazing and I second one of the comments above about appearing to not have aged at all in 15 years!

Congratulations - what a fabulous achievement!! :-)

I too am only four years in (no kids though), but gained a lot of weight in the first couple of years and recently put my dress on again and I think it fits better now than it did then! Can only imagine the feeling after 15 years and 5 kids!
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You look GORGEOUS! It fits you perfect.
    Great job! I am sure you feel great and what a lucky husband!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You are more radiant in it today than you were then... great job
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You are amazing , you are stunning, you are beautiful , you re triumphant :flowerforyou: I love this... Loving yourself always pays off ❤❤❤ congrats!
  • shellanddiabetes
    Options
    My heart is busting for you.. Well done and you look FAB!!
    Hugs
  • eurofitblr
    Options
    Such an inspiration, 5 kids, happily married and fit. You're fantastic!
  • mrstom09
    Options
    What an inspiration, I need to lose another stone to get into my wedding dress.

Well done you look fantastic.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I agree: such an inspiration! You look amazing and you are amazing. :)
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I used to try my wedding dress on every few years too and would be so discouraged when it didn't fit. It fits again almost 10 years later!
  • nigelicious
    Options
    Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!