Too many bad days

Options
Hey people.... just need to vent.....
Can't seem to get back on track... that voice in my head keeps saying it's ok to go over and eat the junk anf fatty foods.... why do i listen to it?!
I need your help..... motivation... anything to keep me going.....
I hate it because I work out in the mornings at 5.45am... and by the end of the day I've gone over my calories and fat and.... it just really annoys me!

Replies

• cana1
    cana1 Posts: 3
    Options
    hey, I feel ya here I was doing the same thing for a few weeks and that is why my weight stayed right where it was because I just keep gibing into my cravings. My best suggestions is before your about to put something bad into your mouth think to yourself, how bad is tis for me? am I really hungry? Also when your in this moment just think to yourself how its not going to help you get to your goal. Try and drink some water instead or maybe get some carrots or if this isn't working only eat a BIT of it like 1/4 this is enough to satisfy your craving but if you do this you have to be carefull and have the will power to STOP! Think to yourself how much longer you will have to work out to burn off what your about to eat. When you realise lets just say your going to eat a chocolate bar you would need to walk on the tredmill at 4mph which is pretty brisk for about 45 mins to burn off one chocolate bar!!! that's just sooooo not worth it! Also I suggest you make sure you keep track of every calorie that you eat. These things are really helping me, I have the biggest sweet tooth EVER and the past few days I have been busting my but and working out everyday and fighting my cravings and well I am now finally moving towards my goal. If I can kick the sweets and snacking late at night trust me so can you :) good luck and I hope this helps!
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    if you're snacking - maybe its cos ur hungry?

eat 5 small meals at regular intervals throughout the day - i.e. - split your daily calorie intake into 5
    example
    daily calories = 1500
    each meal = 300 calories

eat one meal every 3 hours if poss...

something I just realised aswell is try to make your meals well balanced - not just your overall daily nutrition - I used to eat all my fruit in one sitting as a meal - but now I either eat a piece of fruit as a snack or with a meal. balance the meal to contain protein carbs and fat.

a treat here or there is ok tho - but set a limit - like one treat a day (if its high calorie) or spread out less calorific treat through out the day...takes will power tho really...

just think bout how good the end result will be! :wink:
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    I've been having the same problem lately. I'm trying so hard to get back on track, so I'm not sure if I can really give any advice. It's tough, but don't give up. My boyfriend always tells me that "Persistence beats Resistance everytime" and I find it to be true. If you need those snacks to get you through (Like I seem too), try planning them ahead of time to prevent yourself from going over. I ate a bag of Doritos yesterday that was more calories than any of my scheduled meals and I felt sooo bad, but I woke up this morning determined to stay on track. Remember, failure isn't falling every now and then.... but staying down. You can do it!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Don't just use the food to log what you've eaten. Try using it to PLAN what you are going to eat. Not to mention if those things are bothering you, then get them out of the house. Don't carry cash to avoid vending machines. Eat those small meals, with lots of low calorie/high fiber items and you will feel sick trying to get in all your food and not even think about extras. Plus also see if you have a trigger (stress, sadness, anger, etc) that pushes you toward OVER eating those snacks. Good luck to you.

On Alafia22's comment - my daughters both do gymnastics and they have posted everywhere the "Champion's Creed" and I apologize that I can't remember who said the quote.
    "I'm not judged by the number of times that I FAIL, but by the number of times I SUCCEED. The number of times I SUCCEED is directly related to the number of time I fail, and get up and keep trying!"

Failure isn't falling, it's staying down..:)
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    “I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed: and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I fail and keep trying.”
    Tom Hopkins

I love Google...:smile::happy:
  • Billo
    Billo Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank You so much people!
    :) I seem to be having a good week so far.....