What Vitamins do you take?

Options
So lately I've been thinking about starting a vitamin regimen (after I recieve the approval of my doctor of course). After some health/history questions I was given a recommendation of a multivitamin-multimineral, an additional calcium and magnesium supplement, an Omega 3 supplement, extra vitamin C, plus a B Complex. This is similar to a recommendations from a previous doctor.

What do you take? Is it too much to take additional Vitamins if your taking a multi-vitamin as well?

Thanks!

Replies

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin from GNC, women's active mega.

I would not take anything extra, unless it has been prescribed by a doctor. Years ago I was giving myself different doses of calcium and magnesium and other vitamins thinking it was going to benefit my health. I ended up in the emergency room with adverse reactions and the ER guy told me I'm too young to be taking in extra calcium. An overdose on calcium can make your heart turn to a rock!!!!! Please be careful! I have had many ER visits in the past due to this. You should not be trying to prescribe yourself medicines.
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    Flinstones! I am 23 but I can't swallow pills and I still swear by them that they are the best!
  • Okiericanmom
    Options
    I take Woman's Sport Pak, from GNC. It is really great. Gives me tons of energy. Also, I add a fish oil supplement, which is supposed to rev my metabolism.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I take a prenatal vitamin. My doctor said that they are designed to be more easily absorbed into a woman's body and contain more 'pure' vitamins than other multi-vitamins. I wouldn't start anything until you talk to a doctor amd do some research on what you really need. As someone else mentioned, too much of a seemingly good thing can be bad for you.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Another thing to watch for is whether your vitamins are time release or not. You want vitamins that are slow release, so you won't get a stomach ache. Also, any nutrients that aren't immediately used (in a regular non time released vitamin) are flushed out of your body. Why pay for a multi that you're only using half of?
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    I take Woman's Sport Pak, from GNC. It is really great. Gives me tons of energy. Also, I add a fish oil supplement, which is supposed to rev my metabolism.

Which one are you taking? Is it the beHOT multi pack?