Anyone is doing the EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS...?

Options
I am curious! Tell me about your success, failures, your thoughts, feelings, recommendations and so forth. =)

Replies

• jmweger
    Options
    bump
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello peeps! I know you're reading this and not responding!
  • Glamorous_RN
    Options
    I did it and still am, and lost exactly 50 pounds :-)
  • Vx3_
    Options

Inspiring! I am adding you!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I just started about a week or so ago, so I haven't seen any difference as far as the scale is concerned. I will say that I feel better. I feel like I'm fueling my body.
  • Vx3_
    Options
    I just started about a week or so ago, so I haven't seen any difference as far as the scale is concerned. I will say that I feel better. I feel like I'm fueling my body.

Nice! It's the beginning. You might drop big numbers soon.
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I raised my calories by 400--I never read the book or anything (I owe the library in fines $50 before I can enter again), but I've done some online research and made the decision. It's only been a week and I haven't lost OR gained any pounds or inches. On the other hand, my past 5 months of eating low-cal was totally ineffective as well. I will say, however, that my body is functioning better--less bloating, more energy--and so is my mind--less depression and better sleep. I'm going to keep with it for another week or so and see what happens. Feel free to add me and follow my progress or lack thereof. I haven't been with it too long so I can't give a good recommendation, but I will say that I feel much better on higher calories. There's a group on here called "In Place of a Road Map" which is about this as well. Good luck!
  • Vx3_
    Options
    I raised my calories by 400--I never read the book or anything (I owe the library in fines $50 before I can enter again), but I've done some online research and made the decision. It's only been a week and I haven't lost OR gained any pounds or inches. On the other hand, my past 5 months of eating low-cal was totally ineffective as well. I will say, however, that my body is functioning better--less bloating, more energy--and so is my mind--less depression and better sleep. I'm going to keep with it for another week or so and see what happens. Feel free to add me and follow my progress or lack thereof. I haven't been with it too long so I can't give a good recommendation, but I will say that I feel much better on higher calories. There's a group on here called "In Place of a Road Map" which is about this as well. Good luck!

Thank you! =)
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options

You just motivated me a LOT!! How long did it take you to start losing? And how long did it take to reach 50? Thanks for your input.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    It's working slow and steady for me!

It was a long uncomfortable process mentally and physically to again learn to eat the appropriate amount of calories but I made it through! I gained 5 lbs during the process, stablized at 3 lbs up from my starting weight and did a 7 week cut.

During that 7 weeks I lost about 7 lbs and nearly 13 inches total. Then I did about 11 days of rest and ate at TDEE again and exercised only minimally. I just finished week 1 of another 7 week cut and plan on keeping up with the pattern. I'm loving it :) Pairing EM2WL with clean eating and consistant exercise is definately the way to live for me.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    It is hard getting used to slower weight loss. I know I can tweak for a better cut, but I have discovered I don't do well on super calorie restrictive diets.
  • jmweger
    Options
    I just started eating more calories and I'm hoping to start seeing results sometime soon. It's only been a week so I'm not expecting much yet. I can say that I've worked out more in the past 30 days than I have in a long time, and looking back on my logs, I don't think I was eating enough. The days that I was working out I was netting about 300-400 calories. Once I did a little research, I think I've realized that my whole problem is that I wasn't eating enough. Hopefully now, I will start losing.

Anyone that has switched to eating more....about how long did it take you to start seeing results? Also, how did you feel in the process? It's only been about a week for me and I'm just feeling fat again! Hopefully that changes soon!
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    I am starting it tomorrow and... I AM SOOOOOOO NERVOUS!!! :cry:
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    used to eat 700 calories, then bumped it up to 1200, started losing, then sorta plateaued, then bumped it up again to 1500. madness! love how the body works.
  • icemakers
    Options
    Actually,I eat a lot and I lost weight during the past half year.I think it is due to my hard job.

http://www.chinaicemaker.com
  • lucysposaro
    lucysposaro Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what everyone else is like but my body gains weight if i eat more for weight loss...i need to eat less to keep the weight off along with the exercise otherwise i stay the same weight and it just sits there. I am 5foot and im 26 years with 2 klds i have always been very tiny but after i had kids that's how i put the weight on.
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I need to. I know that when I eat less, I gain weight. However I have PCOS and coeliac disease and there is only so much chicken salad that I can handle! If I could eat more of my meat/ leafy greens/ cheese I know I'd lose more weight.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I did it! Still am kind of doing it but at the moment at my BMR. It works for me :)
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    If you are wanting success stories just check out their official group pages:

http://forums.eatmore2weighless.com

or

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less