help. this is not normal

Options
i recently posted a topic about over exercising and loadsa members said they reckoned i had an eating disorder. i have an appointment with the doctor but havnt been yet.

ANYWAYS

last night i did the weirdest thing ive ever done and i know it was probably terrible but i did it anyways.
i ate. get ready for this.

ive been doing ****ing fantastic but last night i just felt so ****.

i ate, now get ready for this…..

1 portion of chips

a small bowl of pasta

kitkat

20 chicken nuggetts

large sausage roll

whole pack of vieneesse shortbread

1 whole terrys chocolate orange

and then i spent an hour watching family guy and throwing it up into a bowl in my living room

i couldnt believe i did it i just cried and ate untill i literally couldnt swallow. normallyy i struggle to eat 700 calories a day IF THAT but i just wnated all this food so bad then i felt guilt and it was like ARGH.

it wore me out so much that i left the bowl in the bath to clean up in the morning i was exhausted and my mum has seen it and said absolutely nothing that is how little she cares.

i was like 'nah i dont have an eating disorder cos im not skinny' but what normal person eats that much food in ones sitting ?????? i dont think i have an eating disorder maybe just disordered eating ? Or is it the same.

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in doing online diagnoses, especially since I'm not a medical professional, but I'm glad you have a doctor's appointment because that definitely sounds like something you need to get checked out ASAP. Sorry your mom isn't more helpful. Take care of yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    If you don't have an eating disorder you are heading in that direction. Go to the Doctors and they will get you the help you need. Good luck and take care of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options

i was like 'nah i dont have an eating disorder cos im not skinny' but what normal person eats that much food in ones sitting ?????? i dont think i have an eating disorder maybe just disordered eating ? Or is it the same.

I weighed 160 when I began my road to recovery from anorexia.....you don't have to be skinny to have an eating disorder
  • GeorgieDrake123
    Options
    thanks guys xxxx
  • fraser112
    Options
    thanks guys xxxx
    If you think you can take it take a nice high res pic of the sick in the bowl, get some pics of some rotten teeth from people with eating disorders, find some of the other unpleasent things that result from this habit and put it in an album next to the fridge and mark it binge. Next time you get the urge have a good look through it and decided if thats what youd prefer to have over dealing with the emotional problem causing it. Kinda like the smoking packs of *kitten* to make a kid stop

Then see a doctor asap and get some help dealing with the emotional causes triggers ect. But the above could save you long term medical problems until you get help.
  • Ericgunner
    Options
    I definitely think you are doing the right thing going to see your doctor, to discuss your worries and fears before it gets out of hand. Hopefully they will be able to give you some good advice and support, but you've already made a huge step by making your appointment. The worst thing you can do is bottle things up and be in denial. Wishing you the best of luck.

Eric
  • Crystal6717
    Options
    Like everyone else who've posted, I'm so glad you're seeing a doctor. I hope the appointment goes well for you.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    kudos to you for making an appointment with a doctor. the totally healed you in the future is cheering the current you on now to keep on the right path :happy: you can do this!!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options

I weighed 160 when I began my road to recovery from anorexia.....you don't have to be skinny to have an eating disorder

THIS. I reached 160 with EDNOS. I can guarantee if I had a gag reflex at the time, I'd be bulimic. A LOT "not skinny" people have eating disorders. I'm glad you have an apt. It definitely sounds like you should be seeing someone about these tendencies.
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Gee I'm so sorry. Glad ur going to the dr. I understand ur struggles w/ weight loss. Thinking eating 700 calories you should be skinny. But you have turned your metabolism off. Up it to 1200 a day. You will start to feell back in control, and you won't have to throw up.
  • bellaespanola
    Options
    I am not a medical professional, but I would encourage you to see a psychiatrist as well and be evaluated for histrionic personality disorder, borderline personality disorder or something thereof. There is little chance don't know this behavior is self-destructive, and are crying out for help and attention. Your emotionally unavailable mother is also a strong clue.
  • Aradhna1
    Aradhna1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You don't need to worry. I over-exercise at times as well cos I feel I'm on a high, I love it (especially after the drudgery of the first 20 minutes). And sometimes, I binge like you did. This happens only when I keep myself off carbs and sweets for a long time and have to fight against the urge... I realize, if I have a small amount of carbs each day, I don't binge.

Don't put much thought in it - do what you like adn eat what you want - all in moderation. I'm trying - still not there yet, but trying all the same.
    All the best. cheer up and calm down. it's ok!