Massive Struggling!

Options
I am over a month into this journey and I have done OK so far. I have stayed active. I am in week 4 of C25K and loving it. But I feel my motivation waning. I have been sneaking (but logging) Halloween candy bars. Or drinking soda and almost forgetting to drink water at all. I want this so bad I can taste it. I guess I am in a rut. I am just doing the motions. Will I find the joy in it or will it at least not feel like a trial of wills all the time? Can you all give me some hope or tips. This is the longest I have made it in any weight loss journey and I don't want to end up quitting now? HELP!

Replies

• katebigue
    katebigue Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just remember if your going slow at it don't worry. You'll keep it off longer. I can tell you I log I have 1 soda and maybe drink 1/2 a can a day that's it. We all get in those ruts. God I know I've been in those ruts. But you got to think OK I had a bad day today and put one foot in front of the other.
    And here's an idea to get to drink more water try crystal lite or one of the other things out there to go into the water. To get you into drinking more water,
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets in a rut at sometime... but soldier on and you can get there. Maybe change things up a little to get you interested again? Try and different form of exercise and look up some new healthy meals and snacks so you don't feel like it's ground hog day :-) Good luck! But what ever you do - DON"T give up!
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am over a month into this journey and I have done OK so far. I have stayed active. I am in week 4 of C25K and loving it. But I feel my motivation waning. I have been sneaking (but logging) Halloween candy bars. Or drinking soda and almost forgetting to drink water at all. I want this so bad I can taste it. I guess I am in a rut. I am just doing the motions. Will I find the joy in it or will it at least not feel like a trial of wills all the time? Can you all give me some hope or tips. This is the longest I have made it in any weight loss journey and I don't want to end up quitting now? HELP!
    You say you have been "sneaking" Halloween candy and soda. Who are you sneaking around? Yourself? Have you given yourself permission to have these items once in a while? It is okay to eat the foods you like. Maybe give yourself a limit like "150 calories worth of junk is okay" or something like that.
  • Tynahall
    Tynahall Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I will have to find healthier recipes. Any suggestions on where to look?