Finally getting serious about this!

Options
I am Erin!!! I have been back and forth with trying to loose my baby weight... I have about 50 pounds I want to loose... In the last 9 months I've only lost about 5 or 6 lbs and I am done trying to do it alone and giving up! So I am looking for friends to help me get where I want to be...and I am looking to help motivate others!

Replies

• xxxAimeeHxxx
    xxxAimeeHxxx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I joined this site some time ago and have been back and forth and never really getting anywhere. I had success back in April just intime for my holiday to Dubai. Yet once i came home i gave up.
    This time i am coming back and going to loose it again.

Add me ill support you. i have some great peopl around me on here.

Today is my first day back!

xxx
  • KT022
    KT022 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll do great! Just get some friends and start counting your calories and exercise and they'll melt off!
  • angelam82
    angelam82 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I have just gotten back into things in the last week or so. I am 30 in 11 weeks, so im using that as a goal point to downsize!
  • stbenson07
    Options
    HI Erin, I am Shelly. I have done some diet plans on and off for the last few years. I lose a pound, I gain a pound. I have been the same weight for the last few years even though I am currently doing bootcamp workouts 4 to 5 times a week. I am losing inches but have been in the same size clothes for a very long time. This morning I have decided to recommit myself. I have the fitbit which is a pedometer. I try and take 10,000 steps a day. I have inspirational quotes on my desk and in my bedroom. We can do this. So today I am going to make better food choices. What are you going to do?
  • bettynicholls
    Options
    Hi Erin, good on you for not giving up and you have lost weight. If you hadnt been trying you may have put that weight on so dont be too hard on yourself but keep going! I too am about to get serious and I am not giving up this time and have never joined a chat sight before so hoping this will encourage me. Good luck!
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am Erin!!! I have been back and forth with trying to loose my baby weight... I have about 50 pounds I want to loose... In the last 9 months I've only lost about 5 or 6 lbs and I am done trying to do it alone and giving up! So I am looking for friends to help me get where I want to be...and I am looking to help motivate others!

I am in the same boat Erin. I am here for you and I can use all the help myself. I am going to Mexico for the 2nd time and I went last year and was pretty heavy. This year I go in 2 months and I am 13lbs heavier than last year. I refuse to go this big. It is crunch time. I have been off and on for over a year and half. I have noticed the more friends I have the more I am on here. So seeing everyone else doing this and working for them makes me want to make this work for me too.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am a fellow mommy and I know how hard it can be! I have added you :D
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am with you as well - need to re-commit myself and get serious about this healthy lifestyle! add me as friend if you wish : -- )
  • leslierae1804
    leslierae1804 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're more than welcome to add me. I know what it's like to have to lose that baby weight, my daughter will turn 1 on the 26th of this month. I set out on New Yrs day with the goal to lose 30 lbs by my wedding in July, and by counting my calories and some support of my friends here on MFP, I was actually able to do it! I slacked way off afterwards, but now almost a year after I had my daughter I am 35 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant! It feels great to know that when I take pictures with my daughter on her bday I'll feel good doing it! Now, my brother is getting married next Sept and my new sister-in-law wants me to be a matron-of-honor, so I have one more major event to help continue my motivation to lose that final 20 lbs to reach my goal! I know that I would't have been able to make it this far if it wasn't for some of the suppot I received from this site, so please feel free to add me & I'll make sure I encourage you as much as possible. It's a tough journey, but it's so worth it!!! :happy:
  • bean2729
    bean2729 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I keep going back and forth as well and need and can provide lots of motivation!!! good luck!!
  • bean2729
    bean2729 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been going back and forth for months!!! I lost some and gained it back. I work full time and am a full time student as well so balancing everything can be so hard. I need some support and motivation as well! I turn 30 in7 weeks and would love to lose 10 pounds and look great on that day as turning 30 will be hard enough for me.

I am very motivating and supportive as well so ADD ME!!