vitamins & TOM

Options
I was just wondering if anybody could recommend a certain type of vitamin I could or should be taking. I haven't had a period since July. I also have an eating problem, and I know it's probably due to lack of nutrients. However, just this week I am completely fed up with myself. I want to be healthy again. I'm tired of feeling exhausted and hungry all of the time so I've decided to fix things and slowly have been upping my calories just to maintain and not lose anymore weight. I need to live my life not defined by the number on the scale and I know I will make this improvement. The only problem is I'm afraid this will not be enough to bring my period back. My doctor is going to recommend I start taking birth control. I've taken it many of times and every one I've tried raised my blood pressure, made me miserable, gave me horrible cramps, and I continued to gain a lot of weight. I was just wondering if anybody knows of any type of vitamin that I could possibly be lacking as to why I'm not getting my period, and is there something I can take that may bring it on in a more natural way. The only vitamin I take now is one a day teen advantage. thanks :smile:

Replies

• ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    my chiropractor seems to believe that adjustments will help this. Not sure where I stand on it.. but, he says he has seen many cases where TOM came back once the client had a couple of adjustments.
  • lbpw
    lbpw Posts: 77
    Options
    thanks, thats interesting because I actually have pretty bad scoliosis and have been looking for ways to help with pain. I think I'm going to be starting physical therapy, but have also been told going to a chiopractor may help.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Prenatal vitamins are usually a good choice for woman after puberty and before menopause. Also, have you thought about the nuvaring?
  • myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    yes coloradogirl, i agree. I used to work in a Chiropractic office. I have seen people get pregnant who couldn't, people walk who were bound to a wheelchair, and even people with severe migraines who were able to function normally again, just with regular chiropractic care. And just think- no medications!!! yay!

I'd say its worth a try for you, ibpw...
  • stephjohnny
    stephjohnny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    you say you have an eating problem. i see you are quite thin in your photo. how much do you weigh? do you have enough body fat to allow for a period? if the body does not have enough body fat, it cause a cessation of your cycle. have your doctor check your body fat. also, you can go to your doctor and get put on provera. provera is a prescription progesterone used commonly to induce menstrual cycles. which leads me to another idea, you may need to have your doctor check your progesterone levels amongst other hormones.
  • lbpw
    lbpw Posts: 77
    Options
    i'll have to take these things into consideration and ask my doctor haha.
    I weigh around 125 and im 5"3 so i'm not underweight. i just think my body got shocked a bit by the weight loss.
    i will have my body fat checked though.