Need help from women weight trainers!!!

this past weekend i received in the home gym equipment i purchased. I bought a small home gym and the bowflex 552 adjustable dumbbells. I want to start weight training and i would like my schedule to be the following (unless u think i should do something different):

M: weights & 20min night walk
T: cardio
W: weights & 20min night walk
Th: cardio
Fri:weights & 20min night walk
Sat:weights & 20min night walk
Sun: OFF day

my home gym (since its compact) does not have a leg workout area, it simpy has a bar for doing resistance squats, so i figured for legs i could use the dumbbells and do lunges. I want some advice for how to start weight training. what all should i do on any given day and how many reps? things like this is really going to help me!

Thanks!!

Replies

• emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    You should try your local library for books and DVDs on weight lilting for women, free and you can try different ones.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Look at the New Rules of lifting for Women. It is a book and has a 6 month routine in it.
  • Look at the New Rules of lifting for Women. It is a book and has a 6 month routine in it.

I've heard about this NROLFW book. supposedly a lot of women have really had success with it....r u one that has?
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    As for me, I have the book. I only got as far as month 2 though. No reason other than I'm flaky :). I do weights though and have been doing them off and on for more than 10 years.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    I'm interested in the replies you're, hopefully, going to get. I just signed up for a trial month at the gym and I have NROL4W and STarting Strength and am wondering which one to go for.
  • This is what I was thinking... Did I leave anything out??

MON & FRI = Group 1 + planks
    WED & SAT = Group 2 + planks
    TUE & THU = Cardio + planks

Group 1:
    Bench press (for pecs, triceps & deltoids)
    Seated arm curls (for biceps)
    Shoulder press (for shoulders)
    Tricep extensions (triceps)
    planks (abs)
    20min walk

Group 2:
    Squats (thighs, gluts & lower back)
    Lunges (thighs)
    Leg curls (hamstrings, use resistance bands)
    Rowing (back & biceps)
    planks (abs)
    20min walk