Bad Weekend!

Options
How does everyone manage to stay happy and motivated after the weekend antics? Cake and cider! Oh dear!

Replies

• chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    By leaving it behind you - it's happened, its in the past, can't be changed, but you can look forward to the changes ahead!

And keep smiling!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Not sure- I'm fasting today to make up for a bad weekend. Thing is- I didn't really enjoy any of the 'bad food' I ate. I used to enjoy it but it just wasn't hitting the spot. Funny.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    It's in the past. If I looked back on all the bad eating habits I had before joining MFP I'd always be dwelling. Move on and pick up where you left off...
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Cake and cider! Now you're talking!!! Could really get on one now! LOL 8-)
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I really struggle with this too. I eat well all week, and then the weekends.... well all hell breaks loose!! This weekend: pizza, cheeseburger, fries, .... well you get the idea. I know it's why i've been "stuck" for months and months. I lose a few during the week, then put it back on over the weekend.

No answers - just here to let you know you're not alone - and interested in what helps others get through the weekend! :ohwell:
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I had my bridal shower this weekend! Meatballs, Greek wedding cookies, sangria, cake... It was delicious and I don't regret a bite, but now I'm ready to get back on track with my healthier ways.
  • Kimflowerpower1
    Options
    Cake and cider...yum! I know its sooo hard to get back into it! I've been bad this weekend chicken poppers, nachos and white wine (I figured that must be lower in calories than cider!) Back in the gym today and it was hard work! Veg soup for tea tonight to make sure i'm well under my calories today to make up for it! I do not know how people do not have a treat at the weekend! At least were in the same boat! :-)
  • viclaw81
    Options
    Oh me too....I tend to go mental at the weekends with eating and drinking, especially if I'm tired or even slightly hungover. I will literally eat all day and feel the same as you the next day. Guilty and annoyed at myself!

I'm going for an all out chocolate and cake ban as when I don't have it, I don't miss it. The minute I have one tiny bit I want more. I'm challenging myself to do it for a month initially......see how I go!

I feel your pain! x
  • Nessi37
    Nessi37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had my bridal shower this weekend! Meatballs, Greek wedding cookies, sangria, cake... It was delicious and I don't regret a bite, but now I'm ready to get back on track with my healthier ways.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I think your outlook is perfect, I think I just might borrow it! :happy:
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You are not alone in this struggle, weekends can be bad for me, especially if it's a weekend that I'm not doing anything. At least I was trying to eat more fruit. But I had more soda then I normally would drink but I also worked out 15 more minutes then I usually do. Just don't beat yourself up about it. Try to get a routine for the weekend. Sunday is the day I don't workout, it's my body rest day. But I still need to do something because if I sit around and just watch tv...then I know that I'm going to be snacking. All of us go through this, as you can tell.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Treating yourself doesn't make you a failure...it makes you human. I didn't have a great weekend either, but I find that motivates me to get back to my healthy routine during the weekdays. I'm in good shape, feeling great...you have to indulge once in a while (at least that's my opinion)...If I didn't have a day when I could enjoy the things I like I would not be able to stick with exercising and healthy eating most other days...Today is a new day-so don't beat yourself up, just get back to it :)