can anyone recommend a good breakfast cerial?

Options
does what it says on the tin.

Replies

• Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Grape Nuts
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Muesli. There are lots of different Brands...Swiss Family, Bob's Red Mill.

It's raw oats, wheat bran...other grains. Dried fruit and nuts.

Lots of fiber and very tasty-especially if you stir it into your yogurt.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I just read an interesting idea on a wordpress email. Quaker oatmeal (the kind that takes 5 minutes to prep) but use unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead. I had 1/2 cup of fruit to help with the blandness and it's actually very good and filling :)
  • brmore
    brmore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Food Made Simple frozen oatmeal ... I like the one w/ berries although spouse likes maple syrup. At / under 200 cals either way and FAR better than any instant.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    there really aren't any great breakfast cereals unless you happen to like the taste of a particular one.

Cereal is not a good choice for any meal unless you want or think you need the carbs and like the taste.

you are better off eating 4 slices of bacon with some steamed broccoli.

Also, you dont even need breakfast. Have some coffee and Save those breakfast calories for later.
  • omanitshann
    Options
    Kashi heart to heart
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Kellogg's Bran Flakes every morning for the past nine weeks. It keeps me feeling full and is low in calories.
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Any of the Kashi GoLean cereals with "the same protein as an egg," -- runs around 9g of protein for a 3/4 cup serving. Mix with fat free milk -- pretty filling.

Love Kashi hot cereal, too -- same, make with fat free milk, blueberries, half a banana, and a tablespoon of chopped walnuts - YUM!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    HolyCrap-Bag-Prodcut-Front.jpg

The name alone is awesome enough to make it worth trying. I don't want to guess what's in it though.
  • courtneyleem
    Options
    Kashi Cinnamon Crisp. 200 calories for 1 cup of cereal, 255 if you have it with a 1/2 cup of 1% milk. It has 9g of fiber, 10g of protein, and I really like the taste. It's like a grown up and healthy cinnamon toast crunch.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Kashi Cinnamon Crisp. 200 calories for 1 cup of cereal, 255 if you have it with a 1/2 cup of 1% milk. It has 9g of fiber, 10g of protein, and I really like the taste. It's like a grown up and healthy cinnamon toast crunch.

MMMMM-that stuff is REALLY good.

The Fiber One raisin bran is good too. Slightly vanilla flavor.
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Fiber one Honey Clusters. Honestly the best cereal I've ever eaten in my life!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Muesli
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean 13g protein 10g fiber 1g low fat

Warm Oatmeal 1/2 cup with 1/2 water.

Protein Shake
  • buyer225
    buyer225 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten Fiber One because of all the fiber, thinking it would keep me full longer. There are some really good varieties. I just tried a box of Special K High Protein and it really did get me through the morning without hunger pains.
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1/2 Cup Oatmeal
    Cook in whatever you like. I use water or Almond Milk
    1 tsp of protein powder
    Add in 1/2 cup of any fruit you like
    I love a small chopped apple or peach and some cinnamon-tastes like a cobbler
    or frozen berries are great..you don't even have to thaw them as the oats are so hot.

I also like fiber 1 cereals.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oatmeal Squares!
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Quaker instant oatmeal,
    Bag of heart healthy nut mix, Planters,
    1/2 scoop of whey chocolate protien powder,
    Splash of milk to mix.

23 grams of protien.
    21 grams of fat- but healthy fat.
    35 grams oF Carbs.
    7 grams of fiber

Because it is instant takes all of about 1.5 minutes to make it... And it is very yummy!
  • maryjay51
    Options
    whole grain cream of wheat or steel cut oats is good for you. i usually throw in a serving of chia seeds or wheat germ in it and sprinkle with cinnamon
  • butterflyqueen1984
    Options
    I've been eating Kellogg's Bran Flakes every morning for the past nine weeks. It keeps me feeling full and is low in calories.

This is what I was on, but I got soooo bored of it! I now have shredded wheat with unsweetened soya milk.