Fitness furores!

Options
http://hopelessdietess.blogspot.com/2012/09/sigh-of-disbelief.html.

With gym trainers like these, who needs enemies?

Replies

• healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wow! Does that person have to use the trainer? Can't they just do their own thing? My gym doesn't make me do anything. I decide what I want to do.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    wow!!!!!
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    That person, unfortunately happens to be me. And yes, we have to use the trainer. Sucks, doesn't it??
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Is there another gym anywhere in your area? Could you create a home gym and forgo this gym? Could you tell her to back off and let you do your thing, since her way hasn't helped you. Surely, you could do better doing exercise videos with friends at home...? (30DS, Insanity, etc.) All else fails, buy her a copy of New Rules of LIfting for Women and tell her to read it.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    I'm seriously considering creating a home gym. The only problem is that I don't get much time besides 5 am to exercise, so I'm wondering if I'll last long when left to myself.
    I tried telling her "the error of her ways" but she throws that moldy "I've been a gym trainer for 4 years" thing at me, effectively asking me to shut up.

Seriously! Buying NROLFW for her makes so much sense!! If she knew English, that is.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I noticed you said you were in a weight loss program - can you attend the gym as a regular member without being in the program? Do you have to work out while she is there? If you can do either of those things, I would to avoid her so you can do your own thing - which is a shame because you're PAYING for this. You also need to speak to the management and let them know you are unsatisfied/unhappy with not only your progress but the trainer. If it's a chain type of business, head office needs to know as well.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    Thanks for the advice :) it isn't a chain type of business unfortunately, she's like the be-all and end-all of the hierarchy. I guess I should be kicking myself in the pants reeeeaaal hard for joining this place! As a result we have to work out only when she's there. the only solution right now is to quit, but I put up this post to show the kind of people who masquerade as trainers and the kind who lap it all up.
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I didn't like going to the gym because the people there would always have something to say about my routine. And fair enough, people have their own ideas what you should and should not do but part of the weight loss journey is finding what you like and doing that. If you can afford to build a home gym - as long as you will stick to it - then go for it. I recently talked to my parents about my buying a treadmill because I wanted to start trying to run and do some hill-walking, but I live in a fairly flat and unsafe area. Since we've had it I've used it a lot and it's made me more confident in my ability to push myself. If you want to run on the treadmill or go fast on the elliptical machine, you should damn well do it. Exercise is exercise.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    And any weight and inches I lost the second time around, was because I let her go to h*** and did a 30-minute cardio session, lifted heavy weights, did lunges the right way and ate a healthy, well-balanced diet.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    That person, unfortunately happens to be me. And yes, we have to use the trainer. Sucks, doesn't it??

being serious? :noway: I would tell her to shove it.

If you haven't found anything yet, I am doing my cert 4 in Fitness at the moment, which includes training people in the school gym. I could write you up a well rounded program if you would like?
    In Australia we have the option of either the 8 week course or the 1 year course, I chose the 1 year course cause I thought I would learn a heap more.. boy was I right. Plus, we get real experience working in the school Gym. :)
  • capriqueen
    Options
    That sounds great! Only I would need access to equipment. Which is kind of why I stuck with her all these years, or I would have kept my purse to myself. So you train people for events as well or just normal school gym activity?

Either way, you rock. :):)
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! Only I would need access to equipment. Which is kind of why I stuck with her all these years, or I would have kept my purse to myself. So you train people for events as well or just normal school gym activity?

Either way, you rock. :):)

you can work out at home without any equipment other than your own body - google bodyweight exercies - or the angrybirds workout - the name sounds kind of silly but it is a really good workout that uses just your bodyweight.

If you do want to get some equipment for home - go with a treadmill.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    You're right. It does make sense to buy a treadmill/elliptical and work at home, or design our own workouts.

I chose a trainer because I didn't want to make any mistakes while performing some of the other workouts, just checking out a new gym, or will save all the membership money for a pair of weights.

Got to think about the elliptical though! Currently can't make big purchases since I'm saving up for grad school.