One year anniversary

Options
Hey guys, today is me and my husband's one year anniversary of using my fitness pal. Last year my husband hurt his back at work and went to the doctor. After a yearly check up(including lab work) the doctor put him on blood pressure and cholesterol medicine telling him he had a "fatty liver". I am 26 and my husband is 30. My husband says to me "I am too young to be on this medicine, we need to do something about our health."

I have always been overweight my whole life. My husband started to gain all of his weight during college (and after we got married). At our heaviest I was 200 pounds(I am only like 5'1 1/2'' tall) and my husband, being 6 foot, weighed 380 pounds. After searching for something to guide us in our operation get healthy adventure, I came across the MFP app. At first I was skeptical thinking this was probably like all the other weight loss tools out there. But I was wrong!

As of today, I am 134 pounds(66 pounds thinner!) and my amazing husband weighs 218 pounds. a whopping 162 pounds for him. and off his cholesterol medicine. He has a family history of high blood pressure so he probably wont get off that medicine. His goal is to weigh 200 and mine is 125.

This has been a life changer and honestly a life saver for my husband and I. Thank you MFP for making weight loss achievable and convenient!!

Replies

• cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing changes and it is so nice to know that you and your husband are in it together. I am still trying to drag my husband into it, but it is so hard. :)
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    omg, congrats thats soooo amazing :flowerforyou:
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Good job to the both of. May you have many healthy and happy years together
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! So glad you two were able to lose together and become healthier! AMAZING story! Such an inspiration! :)
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    great story! so glad you guys are in it to win it
  • AmyBoogie
    AmyBoogie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    wow! Great success! Congrats!
  • adnol_2
    adnol_2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    great job to the both of you. It helps so much when your spouse works on it with you. My husband is watching what he eats, but isn't interested in MFP at all. This site has kept me straight and has helped me a lot. I also have tried diets before and they never work. I am not dieting just cutting back and getting exercise and so far that is working.

I know if I lose to quickly or try one of those fad diets I will just gain everything back plus. With MFP if I have a bad day, I get the encouragement I need and start fresh the next day.

Thank you to all of MFP for the help and encouragement.

It is posts like yours that makes me believe that I can do this.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Good work on the weight loss--just a question, but have you looked into the possibility your husband has Gilbert's Syndrome?
  • tlo23
    tlo23 Posts: 68
    Options
    :heart: Great motivation...thanks for sharing & Happy 1st MFP Anniversary !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!