Lost 10lbs, but no difference! :(

Options
The first picture is when I was 149lbs. Now I am 139lbs. My scales aren't overly accurate but they aren't far out.
How can I have lost weight and seen no change! It is so so demotivating.
When did you guys start seeing changes?
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Replies

• hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see it in your stomach!! Keep up the good work. Did you take measurements too? I can see differences, especially your stomach area.
  • AntSteps
    Options
    I see a definite change around your waist/stomach..also the back of your thighs/bum is much more toned. It's a great start for 10lbs I'd say! Are your clothes feeling a little looser?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I see a difference in your stomach in the first pic, and then the bottom pic ion the upper leg.

If you are not already I would suggest adding strength training to your routine as it will help ensure that the weigh you lose comes mostly from fat, instead of from fat and muscle.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I see a difference in your stomach area and butt. I would agree to take measurements. The scale doesn't tell the whole story.
  • chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    You're waist area has definitely shrunk!!keep up the good work!..and do measure yourself!... :)
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hey Ali,

I can see changes in them. Especially your stomach, back, and legs. Losing 10 lbs is a great start and it is definitely harder for you to see a difference because it is your own body. But keep up the great work... you are doing fabulous! :flowerforyou:
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Your waist and tummy are much smaller! Sometimes we see ourselves differently than the rest of the world does. Just so you know, I think you are looking great!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    What!? There is change!! I think you are looking great! My fist 10 I couldn't see anything either, It all looked the same (but it was getting smaller) after the next 10 I really started noticing how clothes were hanging on me, the next 10 other people started noticing. But you are already in the 130's a lot of toning will start to happen. Just know there is a difference. :)
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just above tummy and right below butt on side shot. Keep up the good work
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I can see the changes bu ti know i was the same as you. I saw very little changes when i lost my 1st 10, more so when i hit 15 and lots when i lost the final 5 to a total of 20 ( my goal)... so really I didn't see changes that stuck out till i lost a full 20 lbs. I am 5.2 ft was 142 and now bouncing between 121-123.
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I see a big big big difference in the waist, the thighs, and the stomach. Honestly. You might not see it, but it's there.
    Also, you should start taking your measurements too! Those never lie. : )

Take care. xx
  • aliceallure
    aliceallure Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys know how to bring a girl up!
    Measurements before:
    Thighs: 25 inches
    Waist: 29.5 inches
    Hips: 38 inches

Now:
    Thighs: 24 Inches
    Waist 27 Inches
    Hips: 35 Inches

I hadn't looked at my measurements yet, Actually I guess they are not too bad.
    I definitely need to add strength training, but i just get board! Any ideas?
  • yancymichele
    yancymichele Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i see it! your stomach, arms, thighs...all show a nice difference. every body is different, I read on yahoo that paula dean lost 20 pounds and 8 dress sizes. I've lost 20 pounds and I was squeezing into a 14, now I'm squeezing into a 10. so it all depends on wear you carry your weight and if you're building muscle at same time..Keep up the great work!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    2 things...

1st - I CAN see a difference. With 10 pounds the difference isn't going to be dramatic as far as your appearance but I can see it and I'm sure your clothes must fit better!

2nd - A ten pound loss on someone that's already quite slim like you is a lot of weight. Your heart & organs are thanking you! Ten pounds goes a long way when it comes to fending off nasty diseases like diabetes and heart conditions!

Good job! Keep eating healthy & exercising and you already look awesome!
  • talaysia3
    talaysia3 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can see a change around your stomach and butt area. You should start tracking your measurements. Ten pounds is a great loss and a great start. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will begin to notice your changes. It's easier for others to notice a change before ourselves because we are so critical on our own bodies. Just keep it up.