Stop partner buying Junk food

Options
Bar getting a divorce, could someone suggest ways to stop my partner from buying junk food (well brining it home at least) He's not interested in a leaner body, so that motivation does not work. I guess the issue is mine as I can't stop eating it if it's in the house.

help!

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Short of being demanding, what can you do? You can try talking and see if you can both work out a happy median. I know it's tough resisting but find some way to keep the stuff out of sight, perhaps? Maybe there's something you do that he doesn't like and you can use this as leverage?

For me, I make him keep that stuff in the upper cabinets. I'm also short and can't reach the stuff.

Sorry I'm not much help. I know how it is, though.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    You could ask him to hide it somewhere that you can't find it, but unfortunately, just because one person is watching what they eat doesn't mean the other should have to deprive himself.

If not, portion it out into smaller containers so that you can just take a reasonable amount and log it into your diary.
  • tcom618
    tcom618 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I guess you're right. I'm being selfish. It's not doing him any good (poor sleep etc) but I guess he needs to have his own epiphany. Thanks again.
  • butterflyqueen1984
    Options
    My partner is really skinny and has to try and gain weight. Pretty tough while I am trying to loose it. I ask him to make sure he doesn't tell me if he buys bad food so he will normally hide it away or eat it when he is at work. I am pretty good with will power though. Everytime he eats something bad I just grab a glass of water and sip it! I know it is not the same but you could do this and see how it goes?
  • niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well I just hope the next time he needs support to reach a goal he won't have the gall to expect that support from you.