I feel SO HAPPY!

Options
dakotababy
dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
So I have been eating healthier for the last almost 3 months. I have just started exercising regularly in the last week. I have noticed a huge increase in my happiness!

I have noticed this connection that on the days that I exercise, the following day I feel SO HAPPY! If I don't exercise, the next day I feel "blue" and tired.

I have never been a hardcore fitness person, and I never thought i would be the type to get an exercise "high" or feel "happier" from exercising (because when I am in the moment of exercising, usually i feel like crap and I want to quit). It is getting easier, and I am actually starting to enjoy it.

I give much credit for this to Leslie Sansone (lol) and myself for actually doing the exercise 110% every time.

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Endorphins rock!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    that is great, i feel happy about this too
  • roguestates
    Options
    YES this feeling is amazing.

After my bodyweight circuit tonight, I was sweating hella and feeling incredible. It lasted a few hours :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    *happy dance* lol So glad you're really liking working out! Keep up the great work! :)
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    i totally hear you on this!!! i am the same way! somedays its hard to push myself to do it but after i do i feel like i did the right thing and makes everything else not matter so much!!! :)<3 it

and im gonna copy mzub5806 and do a little "happy dance" :)
  • lnd2011
    lnd2011 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If I don't do some type of work out I feel down in the dumps and find it hard to get motivated. I always feel better after a good workout whatever it may be. It gets me going.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you!!!! It does feel good and I find I have more energy so I totally understand the feeling "blue" and tired.

I also find I sleep better on nights after I work out.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Good for you! It's great that you're starting to enjoy working out! Keep up the good work!
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I started in July saying I was going to walk at least once a day. Now it's 3 times a day and if I don't do, I almost feel anxiety over it. I love the way it makes me feel. I do the Walk Away the Pounds videos too and I love the workout.

One thing I never thought I would say is that exercising makes me feel more happy than eating a chocolate cupcake. And I can really say that now without having to cross my fingers!!
  • losingwithpride
    Options
    It's amazing, isn't it :) I don't know why I fought working out for so long because now, I can't stand a day without it.... If I don't have time to fit my workout in I get a little cranky LOL who would've ever thunk it? lol :)
  • samarieL
    samarieL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh that's so great! I'm in that place too. Leslie and I just started getting together for morning walks again this last week. I feel great. I was telling my husband last night that I think it's because I spend a lot of time hating myself but I don't hate myself when I've worked out and put effort into eating right because I feel like I am finally doing something for myself.

And I know that there's all that endorphin stuff too but for me it's about a peace of mind mostly.
  • dollycooper
    dollycooper Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love to work out,because after is good,hard getting started,but,so refreshing,and great reward.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!