here because i NEED to get this weight off

Options
Hi all! Just wanted to tell a bit about myself and get to know people. I am a stay at home mother of a 15 month old BEAUTIFUL(of course, i'm not biased at all*wink*) girl. Is it sad that I can't think of anything else to say about myself besides that, haha? I guess I'll talk about my weight issues since I can't think of anything now. I was always the 'healthy baby' that turned into the chunky child, overweight teen, & obese adult. I figure at this rate, the next place I'll be is six feet under. I don't understand why I was the chunky child. I always ate what my siblings ate & we all did the same sports. I just was always bigger & wore the same clothes as my older sister. Oh well. I do know why I was an overweight teen & obese adult...depression & overeating! I would try to lose weight & would lose some, but always gained it back plus more. I had been working out 3 hours a day/5 days a week before my wedding in August 2010, but I didn't lose any weight. I felt a whole lot better & my stamina had greatly increased, the fat just wasn't leaving. I know it's because I would visit my fiance on the weekends and would eat out a lot. We got pregnant with our honeymoon baby immediately & I only gained 7 pounds during my pregnancy. I went down to 275 after I had her & have gained 20 pounds in the past year. I need to get this weight off so I can be around to enjoy my daughter. I need to lose it before I have any more children. I need to lose it so I can enjoy my grandchildren for as long as possible. Most importantly, I need to lose it so can I enjoy a long life with my husband, Good Lord willing. So, here I am, hoping that website will help me to stay on track & keep at it. I set a small goal of 20 pounds. I've always made my goals for 100+ pounds & it's never worked, so we'll try it this way this time around. I look forward to meeting people & losing weight & getting healty with everyone! Have a very blessed day!

Replies

• aimmer20
    aimmer20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm new to this site also and I have 200 pounds to lose. I'm setting my first goal at 5 pounds because that seems more realistic than 200. Add me and I would love to support you on your journey.
  • Yari5
    Yari5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't feel you have to be alone in this journey, there are a lot of us in the same boat. The stories may be different in the details but it has taken us to the same place, here. I'll be more than happy to be your friend on MFT and we can support each other.

yari
  • snross1998
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Here you will find support from ppl with the same goal as you, to lose weight. I would love to be your friend to help motivate you and encourage you when you feel like giving up!! I hope you the best in your weight loss. I will send a friend request.

God Bless!!!
  • jackelynr
    Options
    Thank you for the encouraging words everyone! I look forward to getting to know you and encouraging each other. It feels good to know that I am not alone in this journey. :)
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you'll find its the best thing you ever did. It's especially difficult when you have children, I have two and want to better my health for them x
  • I'm Raylene. Single mom of special needs child. I am here because i need to lose about 80 lbs. I previously lost 113 lbs but gained 31 lbs with in 2 weeks of recieieving depo shot. I am looking for fitness pal friends. smurfalicious2012
  • adnol_2
    adnol_2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you as a friend. I need to lose another 162 lbs. I have lost 13 so far. I have been doing this for around 45-50 days now.
  • adnol_2
    adnol_2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 162 lbs still. I have only lost 13 lbs so far. I have been on MFP for around 45 -50 days now. I have found this sight to be very helpful
  • jenjen0214
    Options
    I love this site, such support and great ideas. To me, just that alone is a HUGE help to make me more healthy :)
  • robyn0123
    robyn0123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I too am a mommy of one beautifull little girl! And I have the same goals as you. I just want to be healthy for my family and for myself. I nearly lost my mom 2 years ago to heart disease and she struggles everyday with her health and I know that if she would have made healthier choices at my age her life would be a lot different right now. So long story short I am committed to this process and I would love to be your friend (and anyone elses)! I'll seend you a request. Cheers to our health!!