CONTROLL over food! help wanted...friends wanted:-)

Options
Hi,
I gained 5-7 kg in two months! because of many reasons...new job, hormonal injections, sedentary job, less sport activities etc., stress) I need to get my controll over food back! I am looking for supportive friends!
I can be supportive too ( I am psychologist:-), but I cant give advices and support to myslef:-)
I would be very happy to have YOU as my friend!
thank you!:-)

Replies

• justbeinhealthy
    Options
    Hey! I can totally understand feeling like you need to get your eating under control! Stress is the main reason I gained my weight last year. That and not really realizing I was eating so much.... haha oops. Add me if you feel like it!
  • Neda1178
    Options
    I'm still trying to learn the whole "control over food" concept.. Please add me if you want! :-)
  • Kimflowerpower1
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :-)
  • jamminlover79
    Options
    add me I am the same but together we can do this! :0)
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on recognizing your issues and wanting to do something. It's the beginning of a healthy journey! I am not a psychologist but I am a nursing student and like you we are learning about mental health and how sometimes it's nice to be an ear to our patients. Feel free to add me for motivation and support! :)
  • jjj1988
    jjj1988 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me!! I am on here everyday with the exception of my 2 week vacation in MT (no internet access!) and my diary is open =)
  • caranda8
    Options
    Add me, I too and am working on that!!
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a psychologist too and can't take my own advice :). Add me so we can support each other!
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    For me, it's a constant struggle. Stress, comfort....there always seems to be a trigger. Please feel free to add me as a friend. Supportive friends are always a welcome addition to my MFP family :)
  • EagleLover
    Options
    I'm working on the same thing.... It's a day to day battle. Feel free to add me ... Would love to help and of course get any help :-)
  • SunkissedBrownSugga
    Options
    Hi. I hope this helps, but I struggled with food for a long time. I was used to eating just because due to how my family chooses to celebrate anything. I would love to be your friend and encourage you and have you a source of encouragement for me! Coincidentially, I am studying to become a psychologists. I had to become motivated by my little ones wanting to excercise, but I became self motivated today! I felt empowered to continue to workout. I don't know what fitness plan you have but if you have problems doing the excercises, I recommend the program I am doing called Faithful Workouts: It's motivating and gives variations to every excercise that they do from low, moderate, to high impact versions. It allows you to complete the entire workout doing it all as she has specified or with the variations and you feel great afterwards because its not about doing what others do, she constantly encourages you to reach your personal best! I hope this helps and keep going. She even explained about foods today. Once I go back through it I will give you the information she has provided. But there is a website: Faithfulworkouts.com
    :happy: -Michelle
  • mollyanne01
    mollyanne01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I know how you feel. I just started a new job after staying home for a year. It's so hard to balance it all AND eat clean/healthy. Feel free to add me!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is tough. You need to make time to log your food and exercise. Before you eat, ask yourself if you're truly hungry or just eating for the sake of it.
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    Trying to stay in control over food. LOL Please feel free to add me. :)
  • lexshines
    Options
    me too :( Just came off a 10 day vacation. I turn 30 tomorrow and didn't meet my goal. So sad.
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a MFP friend, I try not to give advice just support, motivation and what I have and currently going through.
  • booksavvybabe
    booksavvybabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    the hormones will get you every time... being female comes with it's own special set of weight control problems. Anyhow, I am sending you a friend request. I love having friends to help motivate!
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean I"m an emotional eater it took me until this weekend when I made myself SICK to realize that I have to break this cycle with food... !!!

Feel free to add me (anyone who can support me and help me through this !)
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    I had a major issue with chocolate for a while and I gave up all chocolate and sweets over all (I would eat a little jelly and stuff like that on occation but not cookies, cake, icecream candy, etc.) for a full week. After that I feel like I can choose to eat something because I really want it and not HAVE to eat it because it's in the house. Good luck to you!
  • reagan78smith
    Options
    Add Me! I've just recently started.