Loosing Inches but wiehgt just keeps yoyoing

Options
I am at that spot in my weight loss journy where I am shedding inchs but my weight keeps jumping up and down and it is sooo messed up. My body is just holding onto this weight. I have redused my carb and fat intake. Cut out the majority of crap food (I still need creamer for my coffee) and only drink now and again -.- as well as workout and burn a minimum of 550 calories a day. my calorie intake is set at 1775 but I usually don't reach that. What am I doing wrong????

Replies

• ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I am at that spot in my weight loss journy where I am shedding inchs but my weight keeps jumping up and down and it is sooo messed up. My body is just holding onto this weight. I have redused my carb and fat intake. Cut out the majority of crap food (I still need creamer for my coffee) and only drink now and again -.- as well as workout and burn a minimum of 550 calories a day. my calorie intake is set at 1775 but I usually don't reach that. What am I doing wrong????

I'm having the same problem. But ive learned through these forums not to worry about the scale. I've gained 3 pounds but I'm wearing smaller clothers. Ditch the scale girl. It is not your friend.

Keep up the good work
  • Arilysal
    Arilysal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i am facing the same problem! i'm not sure how to advice you on this because im still early in my journey. Good luck to you dear.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. But ive learned through these forums not to worry about the scale. I've gained 3 pounds but I'm wearing smaller clothers. Ditch the scale girl. It is not your friend.

Keep up the good work

:smile: Thanks
  • suzebis
    suzebis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm super frustrated with this too. When I started watching my calories I lost a few pounds right away, then I added daily workouts and gained that weight back, right away! Now I'm frustrated because I hate working out and would rather not do it, especially when there's no encouragement on the scales..... I'm not much help huh!!?

I guess you have to just know that you are doing good for your body and your body will thank you....sooner or later!
  • sadeestyle
    sadeestyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am also loosing inches and gained weight because i am lifting heavy i am still happy and satisfied because i know the reason :)
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    What are you doing wrong? Your priorities are wrong. You're losing size but still fixating on a number that ONLY YOU can see.
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Me too :((((
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was experiencing the same and didn't think I should be because I have so much weight I have to lose. I thought it should just be falling off of me since I'm sticking to the plan. I got so obsessed about it that I let it control my mood for the day. I realized I needed to stop letting the number affect me so deeply, so I put the scale away on August 30. I still measure and am losing inches, but I won't weigh again until September 30. I feel so much better now that the number isn't determining my success. Now I determine success by the good choices that I make.
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm also having this problem, so I don't get on the scale very often. What I LOVE is the way my legs are getting smaller and my Menopause Bump is disappearing!!! I don't have a six pack yet, but I can see some definition, and that is AWESOME!!! I agree with the other posts.......ditch the scale and say hello to a measuring tape!!!
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I only get on the scale once every three weeks and measure myself every other day so I'm not as bad as you may think. And Ruthe8 you're right I can only see it but you know I put this thread up to see if others were having the same issue and what they were doing about it so please don't rude. It doesn't help.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    What are you doing wrong? Your priorities are wrong. You're losing size but still fixating on a number that ONLY YOU can see.

OMG you don't know how much this statement just liberated me. You are so right. Only I can see that stupid number. THANK YOU