First mini goal met! Under 300!

Options
When I first started on MFP one month ago, my first "mini goal" was to get under 300 pounds and never look back! I must say, I did contract the stomach virus a few days ago so I'm sure some of that is reflected in this loss. Regardless, I weighed in this morning at 298.7 !!!!! ( If I wasn't so weak, I would have danced around the bathroom haha). I am so excited to get back on the healthy track and add to this 17.2 pounds weight loss :)

P.S. -my next mini goal was to be down 25 pounds. Is that too close to this goal? Or is that reasonable?

Replies

• KatieDelamatie
    Options
    No goals is too small!! Something is always better than nothing and it may even be better for you to take the baby steps so that you will have a chance to step back and congratulate yourself. As you should! Great job!:drinker:
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    YAY! I'm still 12.8 pounds away from that very goal myself!

Good for you!
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Lovely to hear!
  • BlondieSuess
    BlondieSuess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WTG! I think that is a very reasonable goal. On this journey every little bit counts. I get excited even at just a 1 pound loss. Congrats again you are doing great!
  • kellis777
    kellis777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The goal should be measurable. So, 25 pounds in what length of time? Give yourself a deadline. I think 8-10 pounds lost each month is healthy. Usually when you weigh more, you lose faster though. Water is key! I am just now getting on track again. Sugar is my weakness. Friend me, and we can keep each other motivated! :)
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just hit my under 300 a few days ago- good for us!
    My next goal is 275, and I just hit 25 lbs lost today. :)

And your goals are for yourself; whether they're close together or small, whatever keeps you motivated!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I love it!!! And we will do your happy dance for you until you get your strength back!!
  • brandiseagroves
    brandiseagroves Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think your goal is AWESOME. I truly believe that we put so much pressure on ourselves to succeed over night that we create insane goals that we can not truly reach...then we feel like failures and give up! I set super small goals for myself...I started very close to where you did....297 was my heaviest...my first goal was to be 275....then 250.....then 225...then below 200 (onederland is awesome.....)
    I am currently at 169 where I seem to be stuck...I have hovered between 168-171 for many many months...I need to just get motivated and work harder....I am so much happier where I am, but my original final goal was 150 (that puts me at a normal weight...normal, what a funny concept)

At anyrate, I have been at this since Feb 2011...so little over a year and a half....and I always made super small goals...it worked for me, I felt successful when I would reach them. I also set a range...like right now I am 169....so I have a 3 pound rule...if I get to 172 I get back on track FAST....I will NOT let myself start to gain my weight back...I worked to hard to get rid of it...and i am doing things I NEVER would have done before. I am so proud of you for setting yourself up to succeed...I wish you much happiness on your journey...celebrate every step...don't wait until you reach an ulitmate goal...but celebrate every small victory, they add up to be huge!!!

B
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    When I first started on MFP one month ago, my first "mini goal" was to get under 300 pounds and never look back! I must say, I did contract the stomach virus a few days ago so I'm sure some of that is reflected in this loss. Regardless, I weighed in this morning at 298.7 !!!!! ( If I wasn't so weak, I would have danced around the bathroom haha). I am so excited to get back on the healthy track and add to this 17.2 pounds weight loss :)

P.S. -my next mini goal was to be down 25 pounds. Is that too close to this goal? Or is that reasonable?

Embrace your victory!!!! Keep up the good work and best of luck with achieving your next goal of 25 lbs. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!

That was my first mini goal as well :) My next one was to lose another 30 pounds (close to your 2nd goal.)

I'm going to send a friend request so we can cheer each other on!
  • flutternfly
    Options
    Congrats! That's fantastic. I hope you start feeling better soon. 25 lbs is a good mini goal. You might want to consider sub goals of 5 or 10 lbs to keep you motivated as well.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first mini goal!! And here's to you for your success to reach you other mini goals--then your ultimate goal.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Amazing job.
  • Neraks
    Neraks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    YEAAAAAA YOU!!! Congratulations:happy: :happy: !!
  • brandypinky22
    brandypinky22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    1. WAY TO GO! Nothing feels better or tastes better than making a goal.

2. I make goals with small (nonfood) related rewards every 5 lbs, with little larger rewards every 25 lbs. Find what makes you feel good about yourself and your achievements and that will help you stay focused and on track.

3. I try to avoid "time restrictive" goals. They may work for some, but they do not work for me. Simply because you have a strong potential to set yourself up for failure. If you are staying on track and moving the weight will come off, but your body won't always work on your mental time schedule. For me setting a goal and not make it has been devastating in the past.

I was 314 at my heaviest and would love to be buddies if you are looking for a support network of friends please add me :-)
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    No goal is to small, whatever works for you is AWESOME! Keep up the good work.
  • Aimlin
    Options
    I set myself tons of mini goals, keep tracks and records in an excel file, etc.
    An easy to measure "small" goal is the BMR, that goes down every few kilograms.

been working for me so far
  • khack_xx
    Options
    Great Job Tash!!! My new years resolution was 25lbs by October 25th, and as of now I am down 29lbs since I made the resolution!! Mini goals are a great way to keep yourself motivated bc you will continue to see progress!! Keep it up and remember the slower you lose it the healthier you will be!! Always here when you feel like going for a run!! =)
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaayyyyy! That's one of my mini-goals too. :)

I don't think they're too close together. I have some mini-goals that are a few pounds apart, and I have some that are 15-20 pounds apart. They simply worked out that way because they're sort of random and based on previous life events (how much I weighed in 2008, how much I weighed when I could buy one airplane seat, etc).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!