Oatmeal plus protein powder plus Peanut Butter

Options
Question for all... im thinking of ways to up my protein at work. One way i thought was on lifting days, having a heavy protein breakfast of Weight control oatmeal, adding PB2(spoonful) and some Optimum Nutrition protein powder...

now i ask, is this overdueing it or this is something that other people do ? just wondering if this is a good way of upping my protein...

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I make my own oatmeal/peanut butter breakfast bars and began adding hemp protein powder to them. I think it's a great way to up your protein.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    That used to be my staple, except I used real pb....yummy!
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I cook half cup dry oatmeal with a 1/4 cup wild blueberries(frozen from Sam's) with water for 31/2 minutes in microwave and add a 1/4 cup milk and half measure protein powder and eat that for breakfast.
  • dwilkerson89
    Options
    Proats (Protein oats) are delicious and you'll find that they're actually commonplace amongst a number of MFPers. Check out the threads on overnight (refridgerator) oatmeal as well. Plenty of those recipes can be modified to add protein powders.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    thanks peeps... i think i will just add some of it... just wanted to up my stuff