water aerobics

Options
doing water aerobics for 60 min twice a week really work? if so how long does it take to notice a difference?

Replies

• AESprouse
    AESprouse Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • starcyndycyn
    Options
    It depends, but if you give it you're all, it works! I do Aquafit at LA fitness at least once, usually twice a week, and I think I've gained a lot of toning, strength, and stamina from it. It's great for joint issues, too--I can do pretty much anything in the water, but on land, my knee injury makes some things (esp. jumping) difficult. Try it and see if you like it!
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    so how long does it take to notice a difference?

FOREVER if you aren't eating right.
  • Pennylane918
    Pennylane918 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been taking a water aerobics classes for the last month and a half and I love it. I'm the youngest person there by 35-40 years but it's fun. There is a splash aerobics class and an aqua zumba class. They are both great and you get out of it what you put in. The splash aerobics classes use weights in the water and that helps tone my arms. We keep a quick jog going while we do other moves to keep the cardio up. I have a bad back and this is low impact and doesn't hurt me. I've seen results but only because I eat better as well. Good Luck!
  • karennicholsss
    karennicholsss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I swear by water aerobics!

Get in there and work hard and stay away from the chit-chat ladies, and get it done!

:)

It WILL whoop your butt into shape fast if you work it!
  • mwhtmh
    Options
    I've just started water aerobics. Love the class but it really does not feel like a work out. I just hope my body realizes it is a workout. No sweating, no muscle aches and I can do all the moves. Is this really exercise? It feels like fun, so I know I can keep doing it. I hope to report next month about changes to my body.
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just had water aerobics added to my routine by coach 3 months ago and am seeing about 3.5 to 4 pounds per month average
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've just begun taking and Aqua Fit class at LA Fitness as well and I've only had 3 classes but I can tell you I believe it's going to do something. The class is very fun no matter who the instructor and I can tell you I'm sweating within 10 minutes of starting. One of the instructors uses the weights more than the other but either way I know I'm burning a ton of calories. I can also say I'm exhausted when it's over! I'm using this as a way to get ready to try Zumba. I'm thinking based on tiredness and sweating it will increase my stamina for Zumba.

Good luck!