I need ideas!!!

Options
chelsea27lynn
chelsea27lynn Posts: 6 Member
I need some different healthy meal ideas. My menu has been Tilapia and a vegtable along with another random side. I need some new ideas before I can never eat Tilapia again. :) Also, any recipes for picky eaters would be greatly appreciated also!

Replies

• jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am sure this thread will explode with ideas, but for long-term, I'd suggest checking out magazines. Cooking Light and Real Simple publish tasty, easy recipes and provide complete nutritional information. I learned to cook a solid repertoire by working my way through a Real Simple cookbook.
  • MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've discovered quinoa lately - it's a great substitute to having to eat meat all the time. I often make these quinoa + lentil stuffed green peppers that are absolutely awesome. I make them ahead and freeze them. One pepper packs about 225 calories, low fat, low sodium, low sugar - high protein and fiber!

My recipe is invented but i cooked 2 cups of quinoa in beef broth and water first. I make my sauce by sautéeing a bunch of veggies and a can diced tomatoes, chili pepper, anything you would put in a chili or spaghetti sauce is perfect, and make it as spicy or not that you want. I added lentils to the mixture (black beans or ground turkey would also do great), garlic is a must too. Once the quinoa was cooked, I added it to the sauce mixture, which thicked up the liquids.

You then cut the tops of your green peppers (other colors would be fine too), take all the seeds out and fill the peppers with the mixture. Bake at 350F for around 40 minutes, or until peppers are cooked. Freeze uncovered on a cookie sheet then put them into freezer bags for quick meals.

This is sooo good, and my family loves it :)
  • MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh, and check out the clean eating magazine website - there are lots of ideas (for free) online :happy:
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is really an everyday recipe for most people but it is for me.. I get a whole wheat tortilla, then I put tofu turkey or a lunch meat on it, sprinkle a light layer of shredded cheese on it, then on top of that I put chopped up peppers and tomatoes. Then I make that a wrap. On the side I have sliced up pears, grapes and a banana.
  • samnco
    samnco Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really like pasta carbonara..
    whole grain noodles
    turkey bacon
    1 egg
    parmesan cheese.

cook and crumble turkey bacon, mix in bowl with one egg and 1 tbsp parmesan cheese.
    cook noodles, strain, pour into bowl while still hot
    hot noodles cook egg and melt the cheese. Delicious

I also will add red bell pepper or sun dried tomatoes from time to time. Awesome.
  • malayabee
    Options
    My go-to easy meal as of late is honey balsamic chicken... Season a chicken breast with some salt and pepper (or whatever you like), saute until cooked through in a little oil or butter. Remove from pan, and set aside. Add equal parts balsamic vinegar and honey to the pan (I usually do 2 TBSP of each for DH and I, but we splurge a littleon the sauce)... Bring to a boil, and then simmer til it thickens. Pour over chicken and serve. Done!

If you haven't checked it out before SkinnyTaste has some delicious healthy recipes... And the majority of them are super easy. Emily Bites is another favorite blog, and I get a lot of ideas from Cooking Light and Food Network Mag. Most recipes can be tweaked to be healthy with just a few small swaps.