over 50

Options
Im 55 and have lost 45 pounds in the last 2 years but starting to creep up on me again! anybody out there a bit older and can understand the older age issues? but dont get me wrong Im in better shape now than I was in my 30s and 40s!

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. Adding a lot of people on this site (of any age) really does help with the motivation. It is hard to lose the extra weight as you get older, but it can be done. Good Luck. :smile:
  • halejr23
    Options
    Age is just a number. You can do more than you think. Just start slow, rest when needed but push yourself just beyond your comfort zone each time.
  • pscurrier
    pscurrier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 63 and I have gained 20 lbs. since I retired from work last December. I get frustrated with myself because my 'sweet tooth' is always getting in my way!! I want to age gracefully so I can maintain a healthy weight and feel good. I haven't tried using forums on other weight loss sites, but thought I would give this one a try, because evidently I need support and motivation.:smile::smile:
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined as well and am 52. Have lost just over 50 pounds since last November through just exercise but feel MFP is going to be great tool as I work towards my goals. Reports are amazing and show you how just a simple adjustment can make a huge difference over time. Best wishes as you work towards your goals!
  • Alicemarieed
    Alicemarieed Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me as a friend .i am 50 and just started on here 6 weeks ago
  • marcoscu
    marcoscu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and have lost 30lbs since I joined MFP and began exercising a few months ago. Retiring can be a positive advantage as it gives you more time to exercise, plan your day and keep away from temptation!
  • zigeuner62
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I'm 61 and hanging in there. It's a bit harder to lose than when I was young but it can be done. Feel free to add me as a friend. Much success on your journey.
  • sandygaylegunn
    sandygaylegunn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am 64. I have COPD/emphysema. I got a power chair/wheel chair and that catapulted me into a new dimension of thinking. I got busy at the gym. Found I could do 30 minutes on the recumbent bike. I added 5 minutes every week and have been doing an hour daily for about a month. I added strength training 2-3 times a week. I have changed my diet dramatically. I have never used that power chair!! I have only lost 8 pounds so far, but have added great muscle. I have about 50 more pounds to lose. I found this site to be so motivating. I am grateful. I am on a new path. Glad you have joined us!!
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am 55 also-started really trying to get serious about health in April of 2010-so far have lost 82 lbs, joined MFP several months ago and it really does help-I notice I have to be careful when logging food as some entries are incorrect-I also try to keep calories between 1200-1300 no matter if I exercise or not. Once every 2 weeks or so I don't count the calories I eat. I joined Curves and do that 3 times a week on the Curves wZumba Circuit-I also do a one hour class of body sculpting and zumba combined once a week. Good luck-continue on this path you have chosen and feel free to add me.