Chair Exercises (aerobic, yoga, low impact .)

Options
When I was in pulmonary rehab, they gave me a DVD with various chair exercises. That DVD got damaged so I went online. I was amazed at what is available online and that it is free!! I hope if someone has breathing or standing issues that they will think about what is available in a chair-type exercise. I can get a very good workout using all the various kinds of chair aerobics available (yoga, low impact, etc.),

Replies

• jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I found out on Friday I have stress fractures in both my ankles (thought I had tendonitis). I'm not supposed to do any weight bearing exercises for 3 weeks. I was pretty dissapointed and someone suggested research chair exercises. I was amazed there was so much. Definetly a good way to continue working out. :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Sit to Be Fit & Chair Dancing are 2 series of DVDs ..... you might check your local library

Video clips are here:

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/seated-exercise-exercise-videos-47

They have Yoga in a chair, strength training in a chair, COPD workout, etc.
  • Listmaven
    Listmaven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do I add my chair yoga exercise to the app? Thank you
  • frederickstein60
    frederickstein60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You want to exercise with your chair
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    Listmaven wrote: »
    How do I add my chair yoga exercise to the app? Thank you

@listmaven, I think you'd be fine to log it as the Hatha yoga option in the MFP cardiovascular exercise section.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    P.S. There's a "chair yoga" in the MFP cardiovascular section, too. I'm skeptical about the calorie estimate for that one, personally. The plain "Yoga" one or "Stretching, hatha yoga" ones seem more plausible to me, but I'm no expert.