Should I change my goal weight?

Options
Hey all:smile: I started at 197, and I made my goal weight 175.

I'm thinking I should try to get a bit slimmer

My waist now is a 36 and my other goal is to get back into a 32 Jeans:tongue:

I don't excercise because i'm fairly active and too lazy to do anything extra

Do you think I should keep the numbers were they are or should drop them down a bit?

Thanks

D

Replies

• jemstar76
    Options
    We are constantly setting new goals for ourselves. I say since you've reached your first goal, set a second one... :)
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? A healthy weight really depends a great deal on your height.
  • Chigger56
    Options
    While you are really the only one who can answer that honestly, I say go for a new goal!! I think we all tend to set them at one level untill we reach it. Then its like...hmmmm...I think Ill go for another 10. I know I have. We'll see about any more in 4 lbs!! And I probably will!! Ha ha
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Shoot for 175 now, when you are at that weight, you can decide if you want to lose more or not! I'm never sure what my goal weight will be, so I figured when i'm closer to it I'll know. :)
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ok I have now decided with your help to wait till I lose my 22 lbs
    Then I will set a new goal for another 10 or 15.

Thanks all

D
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I am exactly with you. I lost all the weight I've been trying to for years and hit a 20 year low. And now it's obvious that I could lose another 15 pounds and be back to where I was when I graduated from college. Changed my goal the other day (ow, that hurt).

My questions to you are: was it hard to get to where you are? Part of the reason I think I should keep going is that it was pretty painless to drop the first 20 pounds. So it would be pretty easy to keep going. So I should.

Also - maybe more importantly - if I keep up this healthy change in my life it is much less likely that my weight will bounce back up. Losing is much easier than maintaining. The longer you keep weight off, the more likely it is that the loss becomes permanent. And I don't want to yo yo up again.

So go for it. You'll look great in 32 pants.