Who needs variety?

Options
cmw72
cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
Am I the only one that doesn't feel the need for variety in my diet?

I prefer to have a plan for the day, usually the same as the day before, and just not have to worry about it.

My wife on the other hand, can't handle eating the same thing in a row for more than a couple days.

Maybe I'm just weird.

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    You aren't weird. I eat the same breakfast pretty much every day and don't get sick of it. Sometimes if I have the same thing a few times a week for dinner I get sick of it, but some things I can eat every day. Like cottage cheese, I could eat this every day with a meal or for a snack, and have for years. Oh and peanut butter sandwiches, I pretty much eat one every day.
    I like a variety of things, but I don't necessarily have to have it I guess.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    Variety in one meal a day is enough for me. They say that if you eat the same things all the time you eat less, probably because you dont crave what you are eating so you eat just enough to get full.

For me, I need a little variety, and so does my family. So, for the most part I eat the same breakfast, and one of a few different lunches each day, and then change it up at dinner. Keeps everyone happy.
  • WickedFit
    Options
    I find I eat healthier when I eat similar things everyday. I may change it up a little but especially breakfast, I pretty much keep the same.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to have the same staples and create a routine for myself but it is good for us to have different varieties of foods in our diets to get multiple vitamins and minerals in. Most of my foods are the same but I try to change up my dinners.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I am the EXACT same way.....it was a long long time agao..LOL but during my 4yrs in HS I ate the SAME thing everyday for lunch
    I've read lots of times that eating the same foods/less variety actually makes it easier to stick to a new eating plan...

Kim
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Sometimes I think its a man/woman thing. BUT - with that said -- Im a same thing eater too. Same breakfast, same lunch everyday -- and my dinner is usually 1 of 3 things...but once or twice a week I need variety where my husband never differs....
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, my palate gets bored easliy! :-( I'm going to say it comes from a combination of bad eating habits in the past, eating on a tight budget (aka fast/cheap/quick choices), and growing up in a house hold with a dad who REALLY liked to experiment. I'm not a fan of spending a lot of time in the kitchen cooking/creating meals - especially since it's only me I have to provide for. That being said - I keep a couple of staple items around as well...but I have to switch them up because they become tiresome after about 3 weeks.

A close friend of mine can (and does) eat the SAME thing pretty much everyday. I've seen this as a common trend in men...maybe because of our differing hormones? Just a thought!
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I change ALOT! One day it's granola and salad, next it's steak and potatoes, some days soup, seafood... ect. I change it all the time. Not a fan of breakfast food. I enjoy eggs and meat, sure I eat a granola bar during the day, but to eat the same food every day would kill me.