FOR THE <3 of chicken wings!!

Options
lovelyleesa
lovelyleesa Posts: 3 Member
I am a chicken wing LOVER!!! Anyone have a recipe for low calorie chicken wings??? Yet are so high in calorie & I sure can throw down on some, EXPECIALY WITH FOOTBALL SEASON. I bake them in the over myself with dry seasoning but apparently they are still really high, around 80 calories per wing, sheeesh I just can't bring myself to do that!!!!! Please anything out there???

Replies

• DesertRains
    DesertRains Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=316813

Tofu hot wings! If you get extra firm tofu, freeze and then thaw it, it firms it up and tastes very meaty.

Your stats can be kept super low, depending on your sauce!
  • DesertRains
    DesertRains Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Also found this -

http://theveganmouse.blogspot.com/2010/12/tofurky-pizza-and-buffalo-bbq-tofu.html

with a photo - they look good like that, cut into chicken finger shapes, tossed with panko and baked! Much better than fried. I will go plug the stats into MFP and see how they work out that way.
  • pamiebond
    Options
    instead of the wings you can use boneless skinless tenders....No skin less fat....make your own sauce with canola (good for you oil) and tobasco sauce....dip in plain non fat yogurt with ranch mix....
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    search for the Buffalo chicken recipe on the forums.

It is basically boneless chicken, a dry pack and ranch and a bottle of Frank's hot sauce. Put it in the crock pot then shred the chicken, it is pretty good and may satisfy the craving.
  • sweetpea_73
    Options
    search for the Buffalo chicken recipe on the forums.

It is basically boneless chicken, a dry pack and ranch and a bottle of Frank's hot sauce. Put it in the crock pot then shred the chicken, it is pretty good and may satisfy the craving.

I just made this over the weekend, but without the ranch packet. I put it on a flour tortilla with a little bit of fat free cheddar cheese and it was incredible.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I make them with boneless chicken breast cut into strips, then grind up plain fiber one cereal and mix that with egg whites. Roll the chicken in the mixture and bake them. Its really yummy but they are kind of dry so you may need a sauce of some sort