A NSV of smaller sizes!

Options
So, this morning, I woke up and looked at my drawer full of XLarge(UK) t-shirts, and my size 18 jeans, and decided to try on one of my boyfriends t-shirts (since he's not quite moved in yet, but most of his clothes have). I picked out one that I thought was a Large, and as I expected, it was a little snug, but not as much as I expected it to be. It looked... good. Accenting my assets quite beautifully. All my XL t-shirts have always been a little bit big on me, but not so much that I would expect to fit into a large easily enough... but later, when I took the t-shirt off so I could wash my hair, I took a look at the label. To my utter surprise, I noticed the tell tale signs of an 'M' on it. I had not put on one of my boyfriends newer Large t-shirts, I had put on one of his older Medium ones... And it bloody well fit me!
I thought, after that, that surely I had had enough surprises for one day, but a few hours ago, I asked my mum where it was that my granny had bought me the jeans, size 18 (again, UK), I had been wearing since I was 16 from. I told her that I thought that I was about an inch or two from just being able to squeeze into a size 16, and she told me she had a pair of size 16 jeans in her room, and that I should go see how far off of fitting into them I am. I went and got them to try on...

Oh, heck! You know where this is going! The size 16 jeans FIT ME! I have been sitting around since then in a medium t-shirt and size 16 jeans. I am officially the smallest I have been since I was 16. I feel like I want to cry.

Replies

• kgilliam1011
    kgilliam1011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! It's amazing to put on old clothes and have them literally "swallow" you because you've lost so much weight. I started out at a size 16 in jeans and now I am wearing a 4. Keep up the good work and just allow MFP to guide you!
  • waygor
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awwww, awesome! Such a great NSV! So happy you're able to really see the difference and all of your hard work is paying off :) Nice job!
  • krystymc
    krystymc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    holy cow what a great surprise!!! *bounces* that's the best type of result and reward, when it just sneaks up on you and you ARE where you want to be or heck that much closer! that's so exciting! congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!