Starting over Again Need Friends

Options
Hi there my name is Sara I'm 28 years old and in desperate need of some change. I was contemplating surgery and almost went threw with it but I just feel like I can do this on my own. I know what I'm supposed to do but just don't' do it. I guess I got tired of only losing so much weight and never reaching my goal. Like the song goes I'm my own worst enemy. Well today I woke up after a well needed vacation and took a look at my life. I am 28 years old Ive already had two knee surgeries (ready for my 3rd), been diagnosed with high cholesterol, and I'm pretty sure I'm heading towards diabetes. I don't want to live like this. So here is my vote to finally change and this time stick with it. I am pretty new to this site and would like to make some friends. I find I do better that when Im in a group. Are there any weight loss groups on this site that post frequently? Thanks for reading

Sara

Replies

• ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara,

Just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel.
    I am little bit older but i a few weeks ago i got heartburn and my knees were painfull.
    So i decided enough. I have been on this train many many times and sometimes more succesfull then others, but this time it needs to work.
    Getting to that point, when you feel like enough is enough is usually what is necessary to really get there!

There are groups here, but there is also the possibilty to add friends and just to be active on the forums.
    That's a good way to keep motivated and reach out to other people.

Hopefully you feel a little supported. Feel free to add me, when you want some personal support!

greetz,

Polgara