• chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Sarah Lee Whole wheat bread - 45 cals per slice
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Yep...but the slices are small and it tastes kinda like its 45 cals per slice...

Still...been using it for months.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    english muffin

and whole wheat pita bread
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Yep...but the slices are small and it tastes kinda like its 45 cals per slice...

Still...been using it for months.

That's what kind I use. Strangely enough, we were having PB&J's once and my daughter pointed at my sandwich and asked why my bread was different and asked to try it. She now requests the "yummy fancy bread" (lol) at the store now.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    whole wheat english muffin= best of both worlds.
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    lol.. thanks. Someone posted on facebook that english muffins are the way to go instead of the whole wheat bread... so I am totally confused b/c I always thought the other way around
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I second whole wheat english muffin ;)
  • clumsymofro
    clumsymofro Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Even better is Fiber One english muffins!! You get the whole wheat, the protein and the extra fiber everyone needs :)
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options

so whole wheat bread is better UNLESS you have WHOLE WHEAT muffin? Right?
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options

sprouted wheat english muffin! even better!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Which is better?

Better in what way? A lot of factors can affect "better". Is the English muffin whole grain? What are you eating with/on it? Are you talking about calories or nutrition or something else.

If you have insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes and the English mufffin is not whole grain, then probably the whole wheat bread is going to be better for you.

If you are talking strictly calories, then read the label and go with whichever is the least.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I eat the Healthy Life High Fiber 35 calorie bread. It IS on the smaller size (as far as slices) but really...bread is just a carrier for all the yummy stuff inside, right?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

so whole wheat bread is better UNLESS you have WHOLE WHEAT muffin? Right?

I have no idea which is better. 1 slice of whole wheat bread that we eat is 80 calories, the whole english muffin is 110. I prefer the taste of the english muffin to be honest. I get them when they go on sale buy one get one free, that is usually the only time we eat them. I typically keep the 100 calorie sandwich thins from Costco in the house.
  • jocelinemmuise
    Options
    I eat whole wheat english muffins they are so good......:smile: And they keep me full i put 1tsp of becel 50%less fat margarine on them...
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I stick to sprouted wheat or spelt bread, amazing taste and texture, only 1 ingredient for the kind I have and don't want to touch normal bread again if I can help it now.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Better for what? Better tasting? Lowest calorie? Highest calorie? Most fiber? Without a qualification the question can't really be answered.