A week has 7 days

Options
I have been struggling the past few weeks. Doing weight watchers and got weighed in 3 weeks ago but then the weekend came, and I splurged, so then i worked so hard and lost the 4 lb. gain that i had that weekend. Same thing happened the following week. Now this 3rd week, the same thing. I keep thinking if I hadn't gained those 3-4 lbs, each of those weekends, my weight loss would be much further along. it's like i'm working out an eating good all week just to eat it all back on the weekends. I have to learn to keep my routine all 7 days instead of looking at the weekends as time off. There is not time off in this journey.

Replies

• Ljay30
    Ljay30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I lost loads of weight on ww a few years ago, but put it all back on!
    I tried to go back earlier this year, but couldn't get my head round pro points. I think having those 49 extra points a week over ur standard daily point is very dangerous! It lures you into thinking you can have as much as you want at the weekend!.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I find weekends are the hardest to keep vigilant! For example, this weekend - we went out to dinner and drinks with friends who were in from out of town, went to a beer festival Saturday during the day, randomly had friends invite us for a drink and dessert at a local cafe, and had a cookout with friends last night. It was *so* hard to stay on track, but I managed. Things that I find really help is trying to up the exercise a little bit on weekends because I have more time to do cardio and because it gives me a few more calories to play with. I think the big thing to understand is that you've recognized the issue, so you'll go into next weekend prepared to track your food and allocating for any splurge.
  • DanielleB1016
    Options
    I so know what you mean. I would exercise all week, and then the weekend came. I never did any workouts, ate whatever I wanted, and really just put caution to the wind. when the week came, I went back to it, often feeling worse off about all the things I should have done. After joining this site, the tools have helped me to really see what I am doing. I had to put extra effort this weekend to still do some exercising, and to track it. I still splurged a little, but tried to be a little more mindful. It really is getting yourself in the right mindset that losing the weight is more of a life style change than a temporary change to see the numbers drop. Give yourself the splurges (in moderation) and just talk an extra 5-10 minutes, do 5 more minutes of Zumba, anything is better than nothing. Don't ever deprive yourself, that will never get you to your goal and being able to keep it off. Find the balance-- and I know you can!!! You go girl, you can do it!!!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I lost loads of weight on ww a few years ago, but put it all back on!
    I tried to go back earlier this year, but couldn't get my head round pro points. I think having those 49 extra points a week over ur standard daily point is very dangerous! It lures you into thinking you can have as much as you want at the weekend!.

I hear you. I never use the extra 49 points through the week. Never. I am on WW now (starting my 18th week), but I track here- it's free and easier.

Back on Topic: If you tend to over-eat, try to substitute the nutrient-dense foods with low-calorie, high-volume foods. Drink loads of water, and be sure to exercise enough so that you have a calorie deficit for that day. Key: burn off more than you take in.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Weekends can be hard. And in the summer we eat out a lot so that makes it really hard.

Do you log your days in advance? People who can advance plan what they are eating seem to do better than just going on the fly and deciding as you go. Plan in a treat that fits in the calorie goal so you don't feel deprived. Take a 30 minute walk.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    It might be easier if you plan one day on the weekend off. I take off Saturdays, but I keep in mind what I've already accomplished and I don't go crazy, but if I want a beer or a dessert (or both) I have it.
  • OK_Girl
    OK_Girl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I also take Sundays off, I don't track and I don't exercise dedicated to weight loss. If I want to go for a walk, I do but it is for enjoyment. If I want to eat something that I would not allow myself during the week, I do- but not alot of it b/c I don't want to undo anything I did last week. I think I might go over a couple hundred to three hundred calories tho, so I am really considering tracking Sundays too b/c I don't want to loose that thing where it says you have tracked for 100's of days.
  • ullgetthere
    Options
    I did WW and I totally understand. The key is to plan ahead and one tip I can give you is not to suffer all week just to release your inner sweet tooth on Saturday (TRUST me , it is the story of my life but I believe I have it under control). Take it day by day and make sure you ENJOY the food you eat. If you are famished by Saturday, it may mean that you're not treating yourself to a little something during the week or eating a super strict diet :) I lost 75 lbs with Weight watchers and the gym. They were good tools. But I gained it all back and more and WW is not for me anymore. Don't hesitate to add ne and we can suport each other!
  • clrug0912
    clrug0912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a tough time on the weekends as well. My husband is a coach so I try to make it to any of his games, away or at their home field (which is still an hour away from where we live). On any given Saturday I'm out of the house from 7am until at least 3 or 4 if not later and we tend to grab something quick after the game, then comes Sunday and football food if we go over someones house for a game. I've gotten into the habit of taking fruit with me and lots of water to the games. I still tend to gain though :( It's dissapointing but each weekend I get a little more determined.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Pack a lunch cooler on Saturday. A healthy sandwich and fruit and some healthy snacks. Then skip the eating out after the game. Have the crock pot already set up so dinner is done when you get there.