I need some ideas! :wink:

Replies

• jennxlouu
    jennxlouu Posts: 4
    Options
    I eat like an apple or grapes.(:
  • classictoaster
    Options
    pre workout i'll either grab 1 or 2 small pretzels or a banana - something light but satisfying, and won't weigh your stomach down. post workout snacks are usually the same, though i make a point to get more carbs POST workout instead of pre workout.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Whey protein
    Banana
    Orange
    Cocunut Water - Post

I rarely eat before workouts in the morning though.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't usually snack right before a workout but after I usually have a protein shake or a Chobani yogurt
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout (only if it's going be awhile between wake up time and workout time, otherwise empty stomach) -
    Toast with almond butter
    Banana with almond butter
    Dark chocolate granola thin

Post-workout -
    Chocolate milk
    Breakfast!! :)
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I don't snack before a workout, but afterward, I like to get a shake from the juice bar at my gym. Peanut butter, half a banana, whey protein powder, milk and frozen yogurt, if I remember the ingredients correctly.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    If I have kickboxing, I'll make sure to eat dinner about an hour beforehand so I have fuel. Immediately afterwards I have a Larabar or Luna Bar or some other bar that has protein in it to help with my muscles. Then when I get home, I'll have a snack. Since I burn around 500 calories at a time, my snack is close to a meal. :) My favorite lately has been a cup of Lactaid chocolate milk, a frozen ripe banana, 2 Tbsp PB2 chocolate, and a scoop of Green Foods chocolate wheat grass powder all blended together. :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. Lately my pre-workout snack has been greek yogurt with fruit or fruit and a quest protein bar.

Post workout is usually 1.) an egg scramble with either pineapple, an english muffin, or potatoes. 2.) Oats made with almond milk, three egg whites, and cinnamon. Either with a bit of protein powder stirred in after or peanutbutter and half a banana. 3.) Or a protein smoothie with pineapple.
  • christiffer
    Options
    Pre- egg and cheese sandwhich and fruit, post- protein shake and pb and jelly or whatever is for dinner.
  • MelodyAnn323
    MelodyAnn323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pre- sweet potato or plain fat free greek yogurt with sliced banana, almonds, and 1 tsp pure maple syrup.
    Post- chocolate protein shake with frozen fruit and a tbsp almond or cashew butter. Yum!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'll stick to carbs before my workout, like a slice of wheat bread or cheerios. And go for dairy afterwards, like a glass of milk.
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Pre, Naked bar or a banana....post, any good source of protein (eggs, Greek yoghurt, nut butter) also drink coconut water! Quite often though I get home after workout and have dinner so chicken or something like that! Good luck!!