Calories from Exercise

Options
Do you guys use the calories that you've earned from exercise to actually eat or do you just not eat anything extra and use it to propel your weight loss?

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I typically eat about half my exercise calories. Seems to be working!
  • mandylwilson
    mandylwilson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat, and use it as a cushion. If i just cut it out completely I would pass out. :)
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    i've asked this question too, and the typical answer I got is that you never want to go below 1,200 calories, so if your exercise puts you below, you need to eat your way back up to it. reason being that your body will go into "starvation mode" if you go below 1,200 calories per day.
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I eat mine :happy:
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    I usually eat most of mine. I find that I lose more weight when I do eat them... since your body will go into starvation mode if you aren't getting enough.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Eat it if I used up all my calories for the day and am still hungry. Most of the time I don't. I have been losing weight.
  • beatnik
    Options
    If you're working really hard you'll need the energy from the extra calories!
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    i eat half of my excercise calories thats all about i can manage too difficult to eat all of them espeically when i burn too much :flowerforyou:
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    My rule is simple if I'm hungry I eat, if not I don't. I don't stress about eating extra calories if I'm not hungry.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I ate every single one of them and still do.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just decided today to do something different - if it is exercise calories from the walks I do on my work breaks, I am not counting them as real exercise calories. I am still doing them and I know they are great for me but I don't think my heart rate is high enough to really be burning enough calories to then eat those calories, ya know?

Sometimes I eat the extra calories, sometimes I don't. I do when I am still hungry but if I am not hungry, I don't eat just to fill those calories. My daily calories are about 1200 anyway and I never go below that.
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    well this is only my 2nd day here but yesterday i didn't eat them, idk if i will today or not. Just depends if i'm hungry.
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    I dont eat mine at all. Not intentionally, but i am just never hunugry enough and struggle to get to 1200 as it is!