Know what's irritating?

Options
Pedal_Pusher
Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
This probably won't get me the key to anyone's city but I hate those posts that ask if you'd date the person above you. Apparently they are popular because they get the most replies and are always at the top of the list. I'm sure I'm in the minority here..........

Replies

• Presleyforpresident
    Options
    they're not my favorite thing either.
    :p
  • EastCoast_Girl
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I hear ya!
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Never answered one...seems self obsessive!!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Not my favorite either... same with the rate the person above you posts either... with like 54 parts... seriously? 54?
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    This probably won't get me the key to anyone's city but I hate those posts that ask if you'd date the person above you. Apparently they are popular because they get the most replies and are always at the top of the list. I'm sure I'm in the minority here..........

So, you're saying there's a chance?
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm not in to those or the rating posts either. While we're all on a journey and want to feel good about ourselves, I think that's a little over the top.
  • stillme4you
    Options
    Well, I'm married and even if I wasn't that would seem kinda silly to me.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I've never even clicked on one of those thread, but you've just confirmed my suspicion: they are stupid.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I'd date Sweet Sugar. What of it?
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    never even bother looking at them. Think its people looking for a ego boost and the only way they get it is when a random stranger says they would.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I would rather "name that tune" that judge/post about person above me
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    yep, those are lame. so, you really need validation from complete strangers?
  • perpetual98
    Options
    I think it's irritating when people find out you're trying to lose weight and all of a sudden EVERYONE is an expert at weight loss.

*EDIT* I just wanted to say that SeriousMom3's favorite song is gorgeous. Oh wait, this isn't one of those threads. Drat.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I would be too afraid they would say something really, really mean.....and who needs it?? LOL
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I don't play those reindeer games. I tried once and made a comment that had a sexual innuendo to it and people went all Freud on me because I posted something sexual while having a picture of my girls on my profile. Not that I cared, I stopped carring what other people thought a loooooooong time ago.

Plus my standards are low and if I were single again I would go out with just about any woman with a pulse. :bigsmile:
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I ignore those.

As well as the "Nominate the hottest MFP" or "Rate the person above you"
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Agree. After all, isn't this a healthy living/weight loss website and NOT a dating site? It also seems a childish to me. Kinda like, "Am I cute? Check yes, no, or maybe." I think it is just people fishing for compliments...
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I roll my eyes when I see those threads. How attention- and approval-whoring can you get?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Pretty juvenile. It;s kind of like seeing posts on my middle school-aged cousin's facebook walls all the time. Such as "like my status if you would date me" or "like my status if you think I'm hot".

Then again, you have cliques here just as bad as high school too. There are a few different groups of regular posters who think they are the cool kids in school again... :noway: