Slimfast with MFP

Options
Anyone tried slimfast with MFP at the same time?
Does it work?
What are the pros and cons?
Any help welcome :):)

Replies

• phoenixjane1
    Options
    Hey! I cant answer your question however i just posted on another post about possibly starting it to get my weightloss journey started, it seems easy to stick to with the slim fast the snack then the slim fast snack and dinner...It seems as though you wouldnt be hungry. Im intrested to see what everyone else says:)
  • samichip
    samichip Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I tried it for about a week before and I felt great. It gave me a surprising amount of energy and after about 2 days I didn't feel hungry. Want to go back on it again (today is day one) but want to know how well it would work alongside mfp. Hope it works for you!
    :)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    It really has no bearing on MFP at all. MFP is just a tracking mechanism. It gives no recommendations on what or how much to eat. Just a calorie deficit and if you want, exercise.'

That being said, I would rather eat food. You can eat real food for the same calories in a Slim Fast shake, bar, etc. I want to learn to eat real food, in the real world, and not have to start over when I reach my goal.

Good luck in whatever you decide! Hope you reach your goal soon! :)
  • SBlost
    Options
    I havent tried it myself but as long as you dont go over on your daily calories I dont see why it would hurt you. I know I have trouble with portion control so I think it would help with that. Plus I heard the shakes actually taste pretty good.

Good luck!!
  • CourtneyWiss
    Options
    I have some and i plan to start tomorrow, i need something to kick me into gear ive been on and off way too much this summer. I'll let you know how it works for me:) Have you tried the low carb high protein ones?
  • samichip
    samichip Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The ones I'm using are the bottled 230cal drinks. The thing I'm enjoying the most about it at the mo is looking forward to dinner after an otherwise liquid day. It's great because I'm limited to a 600 calorie dinner so I'm learning to experiment with foods that will be filling and satisfying enough for my only solid meal whilst keeping it low cal. I'm becoming an expert at piling up my plate with food but keeping it under target! Made a spag bol last night and coz I filled it with veg and put hardly any meat in, I managed to eat enough to fill me but stay under 600 :)
    As I'm a beginner, any tips on recipes under 600 for dinner or snacks under 100 are welcome :)
  • jeanotu
    Options
    I started Slimfast on July 18, 2012----Didn't know about MFP until August 14th. So that's when I started MFP.
    I always drink Slimfast for breakfast & thereafter I decide on which of my other 2 meals will be Slimfast. ( I make my decision based on whether I have something yummy planned for lunch vs. something yummy planned for dinner.)

Throughout the day, I eat fruit & nuts and carmel or creme brulee mini rice cakes (all of which tastes good to me)
    Also, I mix my slim fast with whole milk, which to me makes it taste just like nestle quick or ovaltine (you know, kids stuff!)

So far, since July 18, I''ve lost 9.5lbs: As for a change in habits---I no longer snack on candy & cookies throughout the day and no longer feel hungry at night and eat after dinner or bed time. I am no longer led around by my appetite. I just feel much better since using slimfast.