How long did it take you to lose the first 5lbs ?

Options

Replies

• 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow, it doesn't sound like you don't want support. You sound a little bitter about something and I am guessing that it is not your weight. In any case, people lose weight differently, so just keep trying until you see results, okay? I lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks by exercising more regularly (4-5 times a week), keeping a food log and drinking lots of water.
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Your diary is full of Oreos, pudding, ice cream, etc. This is not going to keep you full, just craving more. Are you honest with your diary? Are you over estimating your exercise calories? What do you do for exercise?
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    20 years. But once that first five came off, another 95 came off right behind it.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    This probably isn't what you want to hear, but for me the first 5 lbs seemed to just disappear the minute I started actually paying attention to my diet and exercise. But after about 10-15lbs or so, it's been going VERRRRYYYYYY slowly. I mean 1 pound last month. The inches are coming off, but the # on the scale isn't moving so much.

Perhaps you're not eating the right amount of calories or proper macronutrient balance? Tracking your food is only part of it---you've got to be eating right. I could eat McDonald's every day and track my calories, and that wouldn't change anything. Be honest with yourself, and take responsibility for what you put in your body!
  • cameralinds
    Options
    I stayed the same weight for years, even with trying, BUT, I was only half trying. Stupid homeostasis keeping everything balanced. Anyway, I digress... when I really honestly put effort into it, it took me about five weeks. Then the weight loss stopped for about six months, and then it started going down again. Everyone's bodies are different.

Reevaluate what you're eating. Is it good for you or does it just taste good to you? Healthy foods taste good too once your taste buds get adjusted to those foods. You don't buy your own food, you say? You can still make conscious decisions on what you put in your body. Treat it well and it will treat you well. If the state buys your food, does that mean food stamps? And if it's food stamps, those can go toward any sort of food.
  • flannelbug
    flannelbug Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Within a week. I went from sitting on the couch all day/during my down time to walking in my spare time around the neighborhood, and cutting out all soda, juice, sweeteners, most meat and bread.
  • terisaurus
    terisaurus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You could ask your parents to buy something like corn thins for you to snack on during the day instead of oreos? They aren't expensive and they taste nice too. I put tuna on mine.
  • Gabriella9120
    Options
    Less than a week:) Finally getting exercise by booking it across a college campus took more effort than I thought...
  • nadinab
    nadinab Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    20 years. But once that first five came off, another 95 came off right behind it.

Love this! Nicely put! ;-) WELL DONE ON THE 100!
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    do you still have your ovaries ? Sounds like it.

bit of a snippy remark dont you think!! you make a post about weightloss then you dont like an answer that another user made causes what she's lost more then you.. then i dont think this is the place for you hunny... you need a good lesson in manners
  • waronmyfat
    Options
    I've been here for 7 months like it's my job and I've only just recently lost 1lbs...

you wanna know why your not losing weight.. look at what your eating for starters and i dont see no exercise added in your diary either.. Hunt's - Snack Pack - Milk Chocolate Pudding With Non-Fat Milk, 1 pudding cup and Nabisco - Oreo Cookies , 2 cookies are not snacks.. swap it for fruit.. you've skipped lunch big nono and your not drinking enough water.. if you want to lose weight change your diet start eating healthy dont skip meals and exercise and you'll find it will start to come off
  • ShaneOSX
    Options
    3 days.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    i would guess about 5 days...i lost 14 pounds in the first two weeks. prolly 7 pounds of water tho.
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Be patient.

Also, I'm kinda feeling like this chick isn't even real. LOL

MFP troll perhaps?
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    IT took me a week.

Looking at your diary, I can tell you that I did not eat ANY processed sweets.

That means no cookies, no ice cream....

Your carb and fat content are way too high.

Only you can decide if you are willing to do what it takes to lose the weight and keep it off.

It's a committment to yourself. Eat healthy.

Processed sugar is not a food you eat if you want to lose weight.
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    first 5 pds maybe 3 weeks.. then 9 months later

12513244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 5 lbs in about 3 days, 17 in a month, but I've been hovering around 15-20 for the last 5 weeks.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    the first 5 came off the first week I started to pay attention to my food AND exercise at the same time! I cut out all the processed junk and didn't eat rice . I did allow myself pasta once in a while... being dependent on the government is not an excuse. you can make better choices and exercise! You can say no to cookies and bread. You can eat less and exercise more. You can... will you?
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Also, I'm kinda feeling like this chick isn't even real. LOL

MFP troll perhaps?

I looked at her diary and other posts. I think she's real. Just a crapatarian. :(
  • waronmyfat
    Options
    You can... will you?

i highly doubt she will.... in fact I know she wouldnt her attitude stinks
This discussion has been closed.