How long did it take you to lose the first 5lbs ?

Options

Replies

• richcreighton
    Options
    What the...

Give me, do this for me, do that for me, fix this for me...ahh, life in an entitlement society.

+1
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I get my food from the state. Also, my parents go shopping. Not me.

You're 21.....go shopping with your parents and pick out some food. Or get a damn job and buy your own food.

I also notice you made a comment to the chick above about ovaries.....do you by any chance have PCOS? I do, and guess what, it is hard to lose weight no doubt, but I've already lost 15 since the beginning of August, and I haven't even been as active or ate as well as I should have. Don't be discouraged if you do have PCOS, you just have to make certain adjustments that some other people don't (such as watching carbs/sugar/sodium) more closely (and let me be the first to admit, I slack on it a few times, especially today lol).
  • atulas
    atulas Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just joined so I have not made it to 5 lost yet but on course to losing the first 5 in 2 weeks.
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I looked at her diary and other posts. I think she's real. Just a crapatarian. :(

Yeah, I went back and looked. Then I read some of her comments to see what was really her issue. She mentioned something about ovaries at the beginning (sounded a little problematic). I thought she might have PCOS (which is what I have, and it affects the ovaries). And I realized what must be going through her head...."These broads can lose a crap ton of weight eating less junk food but I can't?" I understand her frustration, but she really needs to check that attitude. Stress isn't good for weight loss either.
  • Candy_monster
    Options
    It took about 2 weeks I'd say, it gets harder though, maybe you should try cutting to 1200 for a while, see if that works? :S
  • AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I cut out soda all together and just drank water and lost 6 lbs the first week
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Absurd
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Lol!!!

Take your head out of your *kitten* would be a good start!!!!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    The first few days...water weight! When I was heavier I was losing on average 2lbs per week, and as I got smaller the losses were as little has a half pound per week. :smile:
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It took me around 3 weeks or so!
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I looked at her diary and other posts. I think she's real. Just a crapatarian. :(

Yeah, I went back and looked. Then I read some of her comments to see what was really her issue. She mentioned something about ovaries at the beginning (sounded a little problematic). I thought she might have PCOS (which is what I have, and it affects the ovaries). And I realized what must be going through her head...."These broads can lose a crap ton of weight eating less junk food but I can't?" I understand her frustration, but she really needs to check that attitude. Stress isn't good for weight loss either.

I have PCOS, thyroid issues and a child who does not sleep (we're talking 5 hours a night). I know it's hard, but the tools are there. Adjust the macros. LESS carbs, less processed sugars. Up that protein. Don't eat back exercise calories if that's clearly not working.
    And finally, BE POLITE to people who offer the help you request. Please & thank you may not burn calories but I've never heard them burn bridges, either...
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    About 3 days.

It was water weight. I'd suggest buying a scale. Don't rely on the generic and homemade heading in MFP database. Unless you are making your own food and weighing every gram of everything you put in it then you are not being honest with yourself.

Also even if you are allowed to eat ice cream and pie and poptarts daily it isn't going to help you feel full during the day. I eat roughly the same number of calories as you do. I don't exercise hardly at all except a little walking and if I ate what you eat i'd be starving and binging on everything in sight.

Get honest, get serious and you will lose weight.

I get my food from the state. Also, my parents go shopping. Not me.

all I hear is excuses! Make a list for your parents if they do the shopping-get off your butt and exercise, or do your parents do that for you too? Not trying to be rude but get real-if you really want to lose weight you WILL do what it takes. Period and of story
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    do you still have your ovaries ? Sounds like it.

bit of a snippy remark dont you think!! you make a post about weightloss then you dont like an answer that another user made causes what she's lost more then you.. then i dont think this is the place for you hunny... you need a good lesson in manners

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I was completely lost on that remark.
  • TeresaFritz
    Options
    I still haven't lost 5 lbs yet:). BUT after 32 years of smoking, I have been smoke free for almost 6 weeks. I have been working out at the gym 5-6 times a week, eating what I should and the amout I should so I am not dejected at all. I have been on thyroid medicine for over so many years I can't remember how long. I actually had my doctors appointment this morning and gained a few pounds but she said that is fine because of not smoking and changing my thyroid meds again. She said she loved how enthused I still was. I know I am still overweight a little but it WILL come off. I have gained a total of 31 lbs since quitting smoking and the first 4 weeks were replaced with the wrong kinds of food and no exercise. Now, I have been working out and eating right for almost 2 weeks. She even said I might not get to my weight before I quit smoking because of my age but I personally feel I will. I have more determination than I ever knew I had. If I don't, that's okay. I was way to skinny and not toned at all. Now I will be even if I weigh a little more.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, and the number 1 thing you can do to get that scale to start moving is eat more protein at breakfast. If you don't like eggs, try having a high protein supplement like Body Fortress whey powder from WalMart.

1. Eat 30 grams of protein or more at breakfast.

That's it. Otherwise keep doing exactly what you are doing. I guarantee you that you'll see a drop at your next weigh in.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    045.jpg

hahaha I couldnt help it
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose the first 5lbs ?

6 days.
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I quit stressing about the things I had absolutely NO control over and began focusing on what I had "no doubt" control over...MY BODY and the choices I made.
  • karylee44
    Options
    i lost 11 pounds the first week.. but i was very depressed and stopped eating..
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    lol what the hell is this thread. OP, you are an A+ troll.
This discussion has been closed.