Just taking my first steps

Options
Hello All!

My name is Joe and I am 47 years old. I live in Texas and have been overweight most of my life--I have had enough of it! My youngest son just started his Freshman year and is going through a lot of what I went though when I was his age and that woke me up. I want him to be healthy and strong and we are going to work together on losing the weight and getting healthy!

I have set a goal of losing 100 pounds and I mean to see it done! The hardest thing so far is telling myself NO--I am so used to stuffing myself until I am FULL that as I decrease intake it's almost like I am going through withdrawal--

I have heard it takes 21 days to break a habit--I am hoping this is true and that if I can be strong and committed for the next three weeks I can kick the food craving habit and open up a new door for my son and myself to a new, fit life!

Replies

• nordukes
    nordukes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi--I just started this program last week and have lose 4 lbs. It's not easy when you love food. And I do. Food has always been my comfort. Now I am looking at my life and realize I have lost so much being this big and I am determined to do something about it. You can do this. We both can. Take it one meal at a time if you have to. But be honest about what you are eating and exercising and you will see your weak points so you can work on them. Good luck on your first week.
  • valeriejean1407
    Options
    This site has helped me break my habits much quicker... I was the same way; my portion control was the biggest issue. Once you start tracking everything and actually seeing the amounts, it really is a wake-up call! Good luck on your journey with your son!
  • ellieranc
    ellieranc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ellie, I'm 45, and I'm right there with you and each of the above posters. Please feel free to add me, each of you!
  • sissie2955
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! IT I S APROCESS YOU JUST NEVER GIVE UP ON. I WILL SAY IN MY LOSS I HAVE CRAVINGS STILL HAVE ALL THIS WEIGHT LOSS AND OVER 3-4 YEAR PERIOD. I HAVE LEARNED TO SAY NO AND TREAT BUT BE RESPOSIBLE WITH THAT... IT TAKES TIME BUT YOU CAN