Labor Day completely messed me up.

Options
Gain 4 pounds over Labor Day weekend. First time I gained. I didn't even gain weight after I couldn't workout for 2 weeks after suffering a pinch nerve in my shoulder. I just maintained.

Now I'm constantly checking my weight instead of just once a week. It looks like I'm maintaining rather than losing any weight.

Anybody have any tips to get out of this funk.

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Have one really hard, long sweaty workout. Work so hard you feel like you are about to fall over, kind of workout. That should get you back into gear.
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yep you have to keep pushing forward. And remind yourself not to let holidays get the best of you (ie "its ok to eat what I want it is a special occasion" and other excuses). Bump up the activity this next week and let the past be the past.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Over the labour day week I went to an amusement park and two baseball games and at the end of it I weighed 4 lbs more. I'm just looking at it as a prep to the holidays that are on the way. I am gonna get back on the "horse" lose those 4 lbs ( and hopefully a few more) to show myself I can enjoy the holidays and it won't send me all the way back to the start line. It will be just a "bump in the road". We are human and only on this earth a short while, be healthy while your here but never forget to enjoy yourself while your here too. There is a happy medium, the trick is trying to find were each of our medium is at. I also agree with the others that say to get a good and hard work-out in and you'll feel like you never left it. Good luck to you.
  • sanmansan
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everybody! Trying to switch things up by doing Insanity! It's kicking my butt