BMX racing at 50!!

Options
bmxpop
bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
Today was my first BMX race of the year and my first race since turning 50!! I was the oldest in my class by far...the next oldest racer was 32!! I finished in 4th place..(yes...out of 4!!), but I was competitive. I was questioning myself as to why I was doing this and after checking my HRM and seeing how many calories I burned, I had my answer...I'm getting to do something I love and it's helping me with my weight loss journey as well. As icing on the cake (so to speak), my weekly Sunday night weigh-in showed a 3 pound loss since last week!!!

Replies

• HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    That is awesomeness!!! GO YOU!!!!
    4th or 1st, you are a rockstar!
  • taxacctdfw
    taxacctdfw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome. The way I see it do what makes you happy, we only have 1 life to live...........
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Just do it! Right? As long as your having fun!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome and inspiring!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!! and great loss!!! so glad you're able to do something that you love to do and burn an amazing amount of calories :) My fun thing to do is hiking :)
  • glenn1011
    glenn1011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Nice job. I'm 39 and just bought my first "new school" bmx bike. I take my two older kids to the skatepark and ride with them. The kids get a kick out of seeing the old fat guy, but it is one hell of a work out.
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I started racing with my son last year after losing about 70 lbs. I road cycle and BMX gives us a chance to ride together because he's too young for a road bike. Good luck and stay safe out there!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    ROCK ON!!! Exersize you enjoy is the key In My Opinion!!! I am that way with Tae Kwon Do!!
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    So very cool! Way to go!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I saw the title and my heart skipped a beat. Please be careful, and double check that your insurance will continue to cover you if you should have an accident.

There is good reason why there are no older BMX racers. That sport is brutal!
  • TXStephSki
    TXStephSki Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet that the other (younger) riders are now inspired! Too many of us lose our passion as we get older, congratulations on being great at something you love!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :drinker:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    nice job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!