needing something sweet after meals?

Options
Ok, Im a sugarholic - well, I guess Im a recovering sugarholic since the past month it has been in control and Im doing very well - but the last few days I finish a meal and then am "looking" for a sweet to finish it off - dessert? Im trying not to give in because these are only added calories...Im not hungry...thougths?

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum? Or maybe just a small drink of something sweet like tea or juice?
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    if your body is craving something sweet, then leave 100 calories at the end of the day for something small like a piece of chocolate.
    if you keep pushing off cravings, then that could potentially lead to a binge.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Jell-O No Sugar Added pudding is absolutely amazing! The package of the stovetop chocolate says 70 calories per 1/2 cup if made with skim milk. Not bad!
    They also offer instant pudding, but I think the stovetop is richer and more delicious, albeit more difficult to find.

I make the chocolate pudding, then stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm it up, and top it with frozen cool whip. The combo of hot and cold, and chocolatey and creamy is just AMAZING! And for under 100 calories? Hell yes!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Try putting dark chocolate in the freeze and only having a small piece and sucking on it ... Since it's frozen it takes a little longer to eat and it gives you the sugar that your craving....
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I have a fat free sugar free dark chocolate pudding cup. They are SO yummy and only 60 calories.
  • CrystalAHS
    Options
    Things that work for me:
    Sugar free gum
    Big glass of lemon water
    Small square of 70% dark chocolate
    Sugar free creamscicle
    Sugar free fudgescicle
    Indulging on the good stuff every now and then (about every 10 days)
  • sara_f
    sara_f Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Chocolate and Oats....140 calories....I love them!! I eat one when I have a sweet tooth! And I think they are almost to sweet (but I am not a sugar holic) so it may be perfect for you! They have peanut butter ones too, but I DO NOT do peanut butter so I have no idea how many calories or how they taste.
  • sara_f
    sara_f Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Try putting dark chocolate in the freeze and only having a small piece and sucking on it ... Since it's frozen it takes a little longer to eat and it gives you the sugar that your craving....

GOOD IDEA!! Great for summer too!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    to stop a sweet craving in it's tracks, eat a dill pickle. :) i used to do this all the time in high school and college; it really works.
    dawn
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try the Smart Ones desserts the peanut butter and choc is very good and not bad on cal..or you may try the fiber one bars they are sweet..or if i want something cold but sweet go for the weight watchers frozen treats..or Skinny cow icecream sandwiches.. but I agree that if you are craving it then you better go ahead and find something before temptation takes over and you eat something that is not good for you...Good Luck.
  • IRONMANT2015
    IRONMANT2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Right there with you!! I work in the dessert business, so I am around SUGAR all the time- everyday!! I have decided not to give up the natural sugar (fruit)and eat it with meals. It does curb my cravings a little, especially when I eat it all together- I feel full and I am less likely to binge. I also like The Skinny Cow Truffle bars. I am telling you, its like a small piece of Heaven on Earth!!! I do have one of these everyday. If I feel like I am depriving myself..WATCHOUT CANDY ISLE...Here I come... So, to balance that out- I give myself a treat -DAILY. They are only 100 calories!!

Good Luck!:smile:
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello! If you saved a 100 calories for the end of the day try one of the Skinny Cow ice cream bars/sandwichs, they are so so so yummy!
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Yes, you do need to save 100 calories for the end of day for that purpose. Now, when it happened to me it was a lack of protein so you may want to check and see if you are getting what you should. I did fruit,sugarfree jello pudding, and yogurts lowfat. God Bless, brenda
  • jumiles
    Options
    No sugar added werthers work for me.....about 7 calories each, sometimes it is just enough to take your mind off sweets!
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    I usually can add 1 small peppermint pattie after a meal....30 cals!! :wink:
  • Curtism1234
    Curtism1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sugarfree popsicle(s)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Gum is probably one of your best friends for curbing the sweet tooth. My favorite brand is 5 Gum. Their Zing flavor is pretty awesome. Solstice is pretty tasty too, especially to freshen up after a meal. Plus mint + anything tastes pretty much BLECH!
  • mattysmom
    mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I LOVE those bars! I have them everyday also. Both flavors are wonderful!
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It has already been said but the small peppermint pattie is fantastic. The minty-ness stops you from eating something else that can ruin the diet and the chocolate is satisfying enough to crave the sweet tooth.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I have MASSIVE sugar/sweets cravings every day after lunch and dinner. Sometimes I'll have one of those Smart Ones desserts, or a cup of diet hot cocoa, 100 calorie packs, or something- but it usually isn't enough for me.

I walk around in circles, open the cupboards and refrigerator repeatedly for about an hour (or more) and complain that there's nothing "good" in the house, and how come we never buy ice cream or brownies or ANYTHING???!!! (I do the grocery shopping)

My family has learned to ignore me, they know eventually I will stop.

After 4 years of eating healthy, I have no idea how to make that feeling go away. In fact, before I ate healthy I didn't get that feeling.

I have never tried eating pickles - as suggested by someone... I will try that tonight!
    :flowerforyou: