IM GIVING UP...WHAT GIVES?!?

Options
WELL I AM NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY. I DONT KNOW IF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER TO NOT WEIGH IN ON TUE AND WED THIS WEEK AND SEE THAT 215 POUNDS WHICH WOULD HAVE PUT ME AT -5 FOR THE WEEK. TODAY I GOT ON AND IT WAS 220. I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED. I KNEW WHEN I GOT UP THIS AM IT WOULDNT BE GOOD. IT STARTED TO GO UP YESTERDAY AND I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE WATER WEIGHT BUT NO. SO TODAY MY WEIGH IN SHOWS NOTHING AND I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND. WHY SHOW ME 215 FOR 3 DAYS THEN GO UP 5 LBS FOR MY MONTH WEIGH IN. TODAY I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP. I AM SO

IV CUT OUT THE SODA, I COUNT ALL MY CALORIES DRINK MY WATER.....
I CANT SEEM TO GO TO THE BATHROOM TMI I KNOW...I TOOK FIBER PILLS, DRINK WATER, TAKE COLON CLEANSERS, AND EVEN DRINK TEA THAT HELPS DIGESTIVE SYSTEM NOTHING...AND NO TOM TODAY SO WHAT GIVES?!??

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    WELL I AM NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY. I DONT KNOW IF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER TO NOT WEIGH IN ON TUE AND WED THIS WEEK AND SEE THAT 215 POUNDS WHICH WOULD HAVE PUT ME AT -5 FOR THE WEEK. TODAY I GOT ON AND IT WAS 220. I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED. I KNEW WHEN I GOT UP THIS AM IT WOULDNT BE GOOD. IT STARTED TO GO UP YESTERDAY AND I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE WATER WEIGHT BUT NO. SO TODAY MY WEIGH IN SHOWS NOTHING AND I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND. WHY SHOW ME 215 FOR 3 DAYS THEN GO UP 5 LBS FOR MY MONTH WEIGH IN. TODAY I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP. I AM SO

IV CUT OUT THE SODA, I COUNT ALL MY CALORIES DRINK MY WATER.....
    I CANT SEEM TO GO TO THE BATHROOM TMI I KNOW...I TOOK FIBER PILLS, DRINK WATER, TAKE COLON CLEANSERS, AND EVEN DRINK TEA THAT HELPS DIGESTIVE SYSTEM NOTHING...AND NO TOM TODAY SO WHAT GIVES?!??

I promise u...if u do the right things and ONLY weigh in ONCE per week...you will see results
    I know we all want to jump on the scale as soon as possible and see out hard work pay off
    BUT your weight really does fluctuate and the scale can play nasty tricks on you
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I THINK ID BE MORE DEPRESSED IF I HADNT SEEN THE 5 LBS AND GOT ON ONCE TODAY AND SEEN NO PROGRESS
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes, don't be too disheartened...for a while when I was starting out I would weigh myself after every gym session, every trip to the bathroom, I just got obsessed with knowing my weight all the time. Now if you only weigh yourself once per week and stick to that, you're gonna find it more accurate and less disappointing!
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    kimber...now we can agree! haha :)

Hun, you should only be weighing yourself ONCE a week!! Your driving yourself nuts, and doubting your goals so quickly.

I weigh myself every monday morning before I eat breakfast..and I have lost 3 lbs each week. Also, weighing in once a week gives you something to be anxious for!

Your body puts on weight and takes it off everyday...you can be up 3 lbs one day, and down 2 the next. It fluctuates all the time!

Dont give up, keep doing what your doing, it seems like your on the right path!!
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    do not weigh in every day. weigh yourself once a week on the same day and time every week!

as far as your bathroom problem...be careful with the teas and fiber pills and everything...your system can become dependent on them. make sure you're eating enough fruits and vegetables, and it can help to go vegetarian for a couple weeks...or at least cut back on meat and dairy because it can stop you up. also, if you don't take acidophilus/prebiotics, take it. it will take a while to help, but it does help...take the highest dose recommended on the bottle, and then cut back after a few weeks! large doses of vitamin c (like 10,000mg per day) can also help. constipation is an ugly problem and can lead to uglier problems because you essentially have toxins sitting and absorbing into your body. as a rule of thumb, you should go #2 at least every 18 hours!

keep going, quit weighing yourself all the time. you can do it!
  • lzam
    lzam Posts: 6
    Options
    I have alll together given up on weighing myself... for the most part your weight will always fluctuate about 5 lbs.. because of water weight. Just keep doing what you are doing and it will pay off. I was once 240lbs and I lost 60 lbs... but it didnt come off the first month.. it took me at least 3 months to actually lose about 10 lbs.. then it just started rolling off... dont give up.

Im still not at my ideal weight... i have hit a plateu .. which has made want to give up.. but i just cant!

STAY FOCUSED! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING THAT YOU PUT YOUR HEART & MIND IN!
  • goalnsight
    Options
    Oh girl I feel your pain! I am 25 and have pretty much the same goals as you. It is SOO so hard but Don't give up! I have lost about 30 pounds, and have run into the SAME feeling. The reason you havent lost any weight this week is more than likely it is your time of the month causing you to retain about 5 pounds?Maybe.. But be sure you are drinking enough water. Your body could be holding on to stuff you dont want to keep. If you are not peeing, then you are not driking enough water! It could be a lot of things. It is really important to only weigh in once a week. Your weight will go up and down throughout the week and can discourage you. I hope you get a fresh start tomorrow and don't give up!
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I dont know...water weight takes me about 4 days to lose
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    weight is too easily affected for you to take too seriously.
    instead, measure yourself and judge your progress by how you feel.

ps if you don't type in all caps, it makes things easier to read :)
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Listen to everyone's advice. They are correct only once a week weigh in and make sure it is same clothing,time,day and watch sodium intake. Now, if you are not going to the bathroom regularly then you need to get something strong enough to help you in case you are getting packed in then there. Miralax works great and also has no taste when added to water and does disolve completely. Monthly time can also be a factor so you may want to consider that as well. Be patient and stay the course and I promise you if you do your part and do it correctly then the weight will come off. Watch for building muscle that can also effect the scales if you are building instead of toning the muscles. Brighter days ahead be positive you will get there. God Bless, brenda
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    are you willing to make your journal public so we can see what you are eating?
  • meganwojo
    Options
    are you willing to make your journal public so we can see what you are eating?

Thats actually a good idea!!!

I put mine public a while ago so people can look at mine whenever. People can get ideas from others!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    kimber...now we can agree! haha :)

Hun, you should only be weighing yourself ONCE a week!! Your driving yourself nuts, and doubting your goals so quickly.

I weigh myself every monday morning before I eat breakfast..and I have lost 3 lbs each week. Also, weighing in once a week gives you something to be anxious for!

Your body puts on weight and takes it off everyday...you can be up 3 lbs one day, and down 2 the next. It fluctuates all the time!

Dont give up, keep doing what your doing, it seems like your on the right path!!

:flowerforyou:
  • meganwojo
    Options
    no hard feelings haha! :tongue:
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Sorry about the caps i use them at work for all my flight info so just easier to use it so i dont have to switch back and forth....
    I just think that if I didnt see that 5 lbs on mon-wed then id be more down...
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    And thats why I weigh in all the time....i know i said i havent been able to go bathroom.....today i went slightly after i weighed in and drank some water, but not enough to count it....im so obssessed that i got undressed because i was dressed for work and got on scale again!!! :embarassed:
  • meganwojo
    Options
    haha that damn scale!! Throw it out hahaha...or lock it up for the week!
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Everyone is so sweet with all the support.....im so stressed!
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    Everyone is so sweet with all the support.....im so stressed!

stress makes you retain EVERYTHING (i.e. water and poo)!!! try to relax...yoga works really well for me.
  • meganwojo
    Options
    You know what takes stress off...kicking your own *kitten* in an intense workout haha!